Recommend Replacement from Altec Lansing VS4121

jiehao85

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2000
Messages
1,551
Reaction score
0
Been using Altec Lansing VS4121 for over 10 years but felt its time to retire this 2.1 speakers set for something simpler and more straight forward. Currently contemplating among a 2.0 speakers or soundbar. My usage is mainly for watching videos though I am relying on my QCY T5 bluetooth earpieces more often. Any recommendations?
 
Last edited:
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
48,310
Reaction score
7,450
Been using Altec Lansing VS4121 for over 10 years but felt its time to retire this 2.1 speakers set for something simpler and more straight forward. Currently contemplating among a 2.0 speakers or soundbar. My usage is mainly for watching videos though I am replying on my QCY T5 bluetooth earpieces more often. Any recommendations?

:unsure:
1) get a USB Bluetooth 5.2 Aptx Adaptive Dongle for PC ~$20
2) get a new pair of TWS Aptx Adaptive Bluetooth like Haylou W1 ~$40
 

Jurchen King

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2007
Messages
7,181
Reaction score
2,772
Creative Pebble Plus

creative-pebble-plus_setup.jpg


$59 @ Challenger stores or buy online.
 

bigbadber

Banned
Joined
Mar 7, 2007
Messages
44,787
Reaction score
2,793
I've been using Creative T20 (gen 1) speakers for more than 10 years! It used to be in the range of $140 -$150

It was damn good esp when I paired it with the Creative Console Launcher software on previous editions of Windows but now Win 10 isnt compatible to the the Launcher

If you want space saving 2.0 speakers, yet affordable and can last long, I suggest you take a look at T20. it is really value for money. dont waste money on soundbars bcos everything is compact, the speaker cone is small, you wont get the effect and volume that you want. the only good thing about soundbars is that they are slim and they take up lesser space

the base is substantial for T20 given that there isnt any subwoofer

they're only $119

maybe u go to some computer shop, i dunno where, where they have T20 display sets for you to play with. Maybe challenger.

this is easily my best computer related purchase

https://sg.creative.com/p/speakers/gigaworks-t20-series-ii#buy-menu
 
Last edited:

jiehao85

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2000
Messages
1,551
Reaction score
0
I've been using Creative T20 (gen 1) speakers for more than 10 years! It used to be in the range of $140 -$150

It was damn good esp when I paired it with the Creative Console Launcher software on previous editions of Windows but now Win 10 isnt compatible to the the Launcher

If you want space saving 2.0 speakers, yet affordable and can last long, I suggest you take a look at T20. it is really value for money. dont waste money on soundbars bcos everything is compact, the speaker cone is small, you wont get the effect and volume that you want. the only good thing about soundbars is that they are slim and they take up lesser space

the base is substantial for T20 given that there isnt any subwoofer

they're only $119

maybe u go to some computer shop, i dunno where, where they have T20 display sets for you to play with. Maybe challenger.

this is easily my best computer related purchase

https://sg.creative.com/p/speakers/gigaworks-t20-series-ii#buy-menu
I was looking at Creative T20 as well. Now contemplating if I should switch to Huawei Mateview GT with soundbar instead since I am not using my speakers as much. Most of my audio are using my QCY T5. aptX LL is also a good option.
 
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
48,310
Reaction score
7,450
I was looking at Creative T20 as well. Now contemplating if I should switch to Huawei Mateview GT with soundbar instead since I am not using my speakers as much. Most of my audio are using my QCY T5. aptX LL is also a good option.

I don't recommend Monitor and Soundbar together option.
When you replace one you need to replace both.

If you want Soundbar you can just grab any within your size limit.
However any 2.0 speaker in the same price range will still be better than the sound bar.
 

algerr

Master Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
3,212
Reaction score
343
Been using Altec Lansing VS4121 for over 10 years but felt its time to retire this 2.1 speakers set for something simpler and more straight forward. Currently contemplating among a 2.0 speakers or soundbar. My usage is mainly for watching videos though I am relying on my QCY T5 bluetooth earpieces more often. Any recommendations?

Creative is having sale now:

https://sg.creative.com/sale/
If it's 2.0 setup, you may want to look at:
CREATIVE PEBBLE V3 + 30W PD ADAPTER BUNDLE
GIGAWORKS T40 SERIES II

Otherwise, if u are into 2.0 with playing non-bassy songs..
u can try looking at
Edifier E25HD Luna Eclipse

Hope it helps.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top