Recommendation App for Flight Tracking

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,019
Reaction score
1,915
Thanks for re-introducing this fantastic app. Ever wonder why your flight seems to be flying in circles before landing at Changi?
 

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,019
Reaction score
1,915
During periods of airport congestion, flights are ordered to fly a hold before their turn to land. Several aircraft may fly the same holding pattern at the same time, separated vertically. This is a stack or holding stack. I see that Changi's stack is over the Singapore Straits.
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,218
Reaction score
18,530
Flightradar24 is a good choice. There was once my flight was delayed for hours at Taipei airport. Everyone was there waiting, the screen says the plane is arriving very soon for hours.

When I launch flightradar24, the plane still haven't reach Taiwan. Still circling.
 

iamborisheng

Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2019
Messages
355
Reaction score
1
That app seems to be WAY more accurate! :eek:

Flightradar24 is a good choice. There was once my flight was delayed for hours at Taipei airport. Everyone was there waiting, the screen says the plane is arriving very soon for hours.

When I launch flightradar24, the plane still haven't reach Taiwan. Still circling.
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,218
Reaction score
18,530
That app seems to be WAY more accurate! :eek:

yeah. From where I stay, sometimes I see plane flying above, I can launch the website to see the plane above me.

Those plane spotters use it too, I remember many times i tried it when I was at Changi Beach Park, very accurate.
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top