Recommendation for a notebook

Noblesse

Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2010
Messages
117
Reaction score
0
Hi, I know you guys are all probably tired of seeing all these threads for recommendations on what people should buy. But I really need this 1 quick favour. Because there are really too many brands and models to choose from.

Anyway, these are what I plan to do with my new notebook
Watch shows (Most of my time)
Surfing the internet
light gaming

maybe not gaming at all. So priority would be watching shows and surfing the net. (I tend to have many tabs open at any point in time so it would get quite laggy if the computer isn't good)
It would be good if the laptop has a large screen, good graphics and audio.
Basically I wan't something that is worth my money and can last me for a few years
My budget would be arnd 1, max 1.2

Thanks in advance for all the help!!
 

dawnknight

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2003
Messages
701
Reaction score
0
u may consider to stretch ur budget to 1.5k and get msi or aftershock 15"/14" laptop. alot of positive feedback on these 2 here, go search ard n have a look~
 

Noblesse

Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2010
Messages
117
Reaction score
0
u may consider to stretch ur budget to 1.5k and get msi or aftershock" laptop. alot of positive feedback on these 2 here, go search ard n have a look~

Hi, thanks for the help, but I can't go more than 1.2k, because it is a gift. Any suggestions? Preferably 1k and below. Dont need so high end one. Because if I ever do play games, it won't be those high end games.
 

Hailgod

Master Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2013
Messages
3,916
Reaction score
309
u may consider to stretch ur budget to 1.5k and get msi or aftershock 15"/14" laptop. alot of positive feedback on these 2 here, go search ard n have a look~

makes no sense to get an aftershock for someone who doesnt even game.
 

IntimacyR

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2009
Messages
971
Reaction score
5
Bump for you coz I waiting for replies too. Need 1 with same usage and same budget.

To add: quick start up, slim, light.
 

hoeyat

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2008
Messages
73
Reaction score
0
Yeah... Same here. Looking for a notebook for work & some surfing / video watching. With a budget of around $1200 possible to get any ultrabook with SSD? How about those hybrid, tablet + notebook? Are they any good?
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
Yeah... Same here. Looking for a notebook for work & some surfing / video watching. With a budget of around $1200 possible to get any ultrabook with SSD? How about those hybrid, tablet + notebook? Are they any good?

Read the specs and compare.
 

acertey

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2003
Messages
868
Reaction score
4
:) Same situation as you.

In fact my budget more limited.

Looking at the following:
Dell Inspiron 14/ 14R
Ideapad S410
Ideapad U330P

I think after we buy, likely need to increase the RAM to 8GB/ 16GB. Have to check number of ram slots, if 2 is good. 1 will be more expensive.

M-sata, been checking if they have a slot to accomdate a M-Sata. Most websites don't say. Recommend for 128/256GB. Should be use to house the OS.

Intel Wireless AC - Solid, should upgrade to get more stable speed for wireless.

Installation? Still haven't found a good place to install these. :s13:
 

Schzercz

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
I'm considering laptops with same usage and budget too.

My friend just bought a Lenovo S410 at $899. Good deal in my opinion: overpowered for office use (i5, 8gb ram, discrete ati vga card) plus very slim and pretty lightweighted. Drawbacks ? HDD and not-so-durable battery (3-4hrs or so, I need more).

I'm looking into Dell XPS 14, HP Folio 9470 and Lenovo S431/X230 recently. They are all good enough at their prices (=<1,200), ofcourse slim and light.

But I'm still not ready for laps without dedicated vga at more than $1,000, although I wont be playing games on my new lap.

Looking forward to further advices.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top