Hi, may I know why i5 is recommended instead of i7?
My budget of 3k is for CPU only, without keyboard, mouse and speakers. 3k may be a tad excessive but I don't mind investing on something that I will be using most of my time and that should last me for 3 to 5 years.
Thanks so much for taking the time to reply![]()

I'd personally go for something like this lol
CPU + Mobo: i5 4690 + MSI H97 PC Mate - $389
RAM: Avexir Core Blue LED DDR3-1866 8GB kit - $125
GPU: MSI 290X Lightning - $899
SSD: Plextor M6Pro - $220
HDD: WD Red 2TB - $125
ODD: Any brand - $24
PSU: Seasonic X650 Gold - $165
Casing: Corsair 450D - $169
Monitor: Dell U2713H - $770
OS: Win7 HP x64 OEM - $113
Total: $2999![]()
Hi, may I know why i5 is recommended instead of i7?
My budget of 3k is for CPU only, without keyboard, mouse and speakers. 3k may be a tad excessive but I don't mind investing on something that I will be using most of my time and that should last me for 3 to 5 years.
Thanks so much for taking the time to reply![]()
Haha I like your number. Maybe aft disc can go $2 huat huat huat lmao. If the monitor is also not required, the mobo and cpu can fly alrdy.
3k with WQHD 2k gaming in mind and full gaming peripherals.
MSI Z97S SLI PLUS + i5-4690k ~ $481
Avexir Core Series 1866mhz 2x4gb kit with Blue LED ~ $129 (PC themes)
WD Purple 2tb AV ~ $124
Crucial MX100 256gb ~ $155
ASUS r9 290 4gb DCUII x2 Xfire ~ $1038 (Need to do hunting as r9 290 for whatever brand is hard to find now in SLS)
Seasonic X850 850w 80+ Gold Fully Modular PSU ~ $219
Corsair Obsidian 450D ~ $169
Samsung DVD Drive ~ $21
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit OEM ~ $115
Swans M10 2.1 Speakers ~ $109 (PC themes)
Qnix Evolution QX2710 27inch A- PLS Panel ~ $279 (Qoo10 on promo now)
CM QuickFire TK Cherry Brown Switches with Fully Backlit LED keys ~ $139
Steelseries Kinzu V2 Gaming Mouse ~ $49
Total ~ $3027. Buy at tradepac unless stated, DIY
But always do a research first and what you really want.
A 1080p gaming mainstream is only gonna cost you $1.5k. So think carefully and plan ahead. DO NOT JUMP Gun and buy straight.

3k get dell liao lah still Qnix![]()
Monitor: Dell U2713H - $770
Total: $2999![]()
$725 can get already.
I know mah, cause initially squeezing everything for peripherals that's why i reco qnix. If not can go dell liao. Though quite old model.
Jin sexpensive![]()
Dell ultrasharps are timeless leh
Thinking of hooting one more u2312 but cannot find anymore![]()
Garage from time to time should have leh.
