Hi all,
I travel frequently and am looking for a business laptop to get. Wanted some more feedback from people who have been in my position recently. Here are the specs I'm looking at:
These are my list of must haves
- Size 12" to 14"
- Light weight: Around 1.5kg or lesser
- Reputation for being able to last long and reliable
- Good support and preferably international warranty
- Price not more than 2k unless the unit is really good.
- Windows 7 Professional (no windows 8)
These are my list of good to have
- External docking station like Dell's E-port unit when working in office
- DVD-rom drive
- SSD storage
I've looked around and come up with the following potential units for consideration. I'm not looking at brands which do not have a history and reputation in business laptops (so no brands like Samsung, ASUS etc)
- Lenovo Carbon X1 (Not sure if the 2014 model is worth waiting for and heard it's more than my budget of 2k) or other Thinkpad X series
- Dell E6440 or Dell XPS13 (not sure which one is better here)
- Panasonic Toughbook
- Toshiba Protege series?
Any other suggestions?
Also which shops are good to go to in SLS or Funan? Is Newstead still not worth going to?
Thx
I travel frequently and am looking for a business laptop to get. Wanted some more feedback from people who have been in my position recently. Here are the specs I'm looking at:
These are my list of must haves
- Size 12" to 14"
- Light weight: Around 1.5kg or lesser
- Reputation for being able to last long and reliable
- Good support and preferably international warranty
- Price not more than 2k unless the unit is really good.
- Windows 7 Professional (no windows 8)
These are my list of good to have
- External docking station like Dell's E-port unit when working in office
- DVD-rom drive
- SSD storage
I've looked around and come up with the following potential units for consideration. I'm not looking at brands which do not have a history and reputation in business laptops (so no brands like Samsung, ASUS etc)
- Lenovo Carbon X1 (Not sure if the 2014 model is worth waiting for and heard it's more than my budget of 2k) or other Thinkpad X series
- Dell E6440 or Dell XPS13 (not sure which one is better here)
- Panasonic Toughbook
- Toshiba Protege series?
Any other suggestions?
Also which shops are good to go to in SLS or Funan? Is Newstead still not worth going to?
Thx
