Recommendation for MacBook Air 11" battery

Chips

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2001
Messages
528
Reaction score
3
Hi anyone can recommend a place in singapore to buy Macbook Air 11" (2011 model) replacement battery. I want to try replacing it myself to reduce the cost. I understand to do it from Apple service centre will cost close to $400.

Hopefully to get OEM original battery instead of 3rd party 1
 

mjboon

Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
462
Reaction score
0
Hi anyone can recommend a place in singapore to buy Macbook Air 11" (2011 model) replacement battery. I want to try replacing it myself to reduce the cost. I understand to do it from Apple service centre will cost close to $400.

Hopefully to get OEM original battery instead of 3rd party 1

Hi, you can take a look at ifixit. But think you will also need the T5 Torx Screwdriver and MacBook Pro and Air 5-Point Pentalobe Screwdriver. (I plan to replace my MBA 13" battery as well) ...

MacBook Air 11" (Mid 2011/Mid 2012) Battery (661-6068) - iFixit
 

Chips

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2001
Messages
528
Reaction score
3
thanks! seem like ifixit is cheaper than getting it on amazon. Amazon's battery price is about the same but shipping is quite high
 

geckoSG

Master Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2006
Messages
3,040
Reaction score
5
chips. Once u done it, let me know the total damage n ur experience if it is easy to do so. Think I might want to change mine too
 

Chips

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2001
Messages
528
Reaction score
3
i got the battery already about $192 (battery, tools and shipping) i haven't had the chance to change it yet maybe i will do it after maverick is released
 

Chips

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2001
Messages
528
Reaction score
3
chips. Once u done it, let me know the total damage n ur experience if it is easy to do so. Think I might want to change mine too

it is really easy to do it. basically just take out 8 screws, pop open the back cover, take out 4 screws and the battery connector then just put in the new battery and reverse all the steps. took me only like 5 mins to do it
 

taffyong

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2000
Messages
908
Reaction score
0
anyone planning to buy online from ifixit? I figure we order together to save on the shipping cost. anyone?
 

galliano

Master Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2001
Messages
4,335
Reaction score
121
Battery also getting super lousy, despite having only 317 cycles since i bought this.
Mine's a mid 2011 MBA w 128Gb, 4Gb Ram.

Any suggestions on where to get battery replacement? Or even if its worth getting one already.

Saw on http://www.macinfinity.sg/#!macbook-repair/c1ks4
Its $190 for battery replacement. Siong.
 

msfluffycloud

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2017
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
issues

My macbook air is facing some issues with its software, it keeps lagging when im using it. May i get some advice??

I still am under apple care, shld i go get it checked by them?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top