Recommendations for laptop/ultrabook

shortenigma

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2007
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Hi guys,

Like to gather some recommendations for a laptop/ultrabook. It's mainly for work. Specs that I'm looking for

Processor: I5 or i7 (8th gen)
Display: 13"-14"
Memory:16GB
Harddrive: 512GB SSD
Connectivity: Wifi & Bluetooth
OS: Windows 10
Weight: Less than 1.4kg
Budget:Below 1.7k

Some options I came across that fits the bill:
Lenovo Thinkpad T495s
Aftershock Lunar 14
Asus Zenbook UX433FN
 
Last edited:

mdsummer

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2002
Messages
848
Reaction score
42
All should be good options. Can consider acer swift 3 premium as well.

If u do get aftershock, do share a review. I'm intrigued as its one of the lightest in the market
 

GeekyGecko1

Junior Member
Joined
May 28, 2019
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
You can check out the Dell Refurbished outlet SG. I recently got a rather new XPS that I'm very happy with for a really cheap price compared to their brand new unit.

I believe a latitude can fit that bill too. Comes with 3 years on site service too.

Refurbished
Order ID: OR9D5CC190
PROCESSOR: Intel Core 8th Generation i7-8650U Processor (Quad Core, up to 4.20GHz, 8MB Cache, 15W)
SOFTWARE: Windows 10 Pro
STORAGE:512GB M.2 SATA Class 20 Solid State Drive Hard Drive
RAM: 16GB (2X8GB) 2400MHz DDR4 Non-ECC MEMORY
SCREEN: 14inch HD (1366x768) Anti-Glare LCD Display (Non-Touch) LCD
GRAPHICS: Intel UHD Graphics GRAPHICS

Dell Outlet Latitude 14 7000 (7490)
Outlet Price$1,549.00
3 Years WarrantyINCLUDED

https://www.dell.com/en-sg/outlet/P...yid=3&pid=3&c=sg&l=en&rid=APAC&prdid=&seg=DFB
 

shortenigma

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2007
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
This latitude looks great, the warranty is awesome too.

For the specs that I'm looking for, my outsourced IT team quoted me $2.5k and above. I think that's crazy, seems like they are trying to get a cut from the deal.
 

GeekyGecko1

Junior Member
Joined
May 28, 2019
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
This latitude looks great, the warranty is awesome too.

For the specs that I'm looking for, my outsourced IT team quoted me $2.5k and above. I think that's crazy, seems like they are trying to get a cut from the deal.

That's absolutely insane. They're definitely trying to get something out of the deal. I've been on Dell's refurbished website multiple times a couple of months ago trying to compare the prices else where and hoping there was some sale. And then recently about 3 weeks ago, I noticed the prices on most of their units dropped quite a lot so I immediately got the xps I was looking for and am super happy with it.

Was looking at the 7000 series, that dropped too. With 3 years warranty included. I think it's an absolute steal.
 

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
11,578
Reaction score
540
This latitude looks great, the warranty is awesome too.

For the specs that I'm looking for, my outsourced IT team quoted me $2.5k and above. I think that's crazy, seems like they are trying to get a cut from the deal.

For 74x0 series, i5/8GB/256GB/1080p around $2k standard list price. So $2.5k for i7/16GB/512GB is completely normal, except for the 768p display.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top