Recommendations please

adgjl321

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2013
Messages
710
Reaction score
40
So my old laptop has now spoiled...so I’m looking to get a replacement but:

I won’t use the laptop at all Monday to Friday
Use very sparingly on weekends to watch shows, maybe simple tasks of email/web browsing etc

So I’m looking to spend as little as I can. Will something like the Lenovo Ideapad S130 at $399 suffice, or any other recommendations please?
 

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
35,331
Reaction score
7,850
So my old laptop has now spoiled...so I’m looking to get a replacement but:

I won’t use the laptop at all Monday to Friday
Use very sparingly on weekends to watch shows, maybe simple tasks of email/web browsing etc

So I’m looking to spend as little as I can. Will something like the Lenovo Ideapad S130 at $399 suffice, or any other recommendations please?

R u talking abt the 14" or smaller Ideapad S130?
 
Last edited:

adgjl321

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2013
Messages
710
Reaction score
40
R u talking abt the 14" or smaller Ideapad S130?
The smaller one. Any thoughts on it? I’m not the best with looking at the specs

https://www.harveynorman.com.sg/computing/computers-en/laptops-en/lenovo-nb-ip-s130-11-81j1000gsb-n4-gry.html

https://www.lenovo.com/sg/en/laptops/ideapad/ideapad-100-series/Lenovo-ideapad-S130-11IGM/p/88IP10S1075
 

gripen

Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2002
Messages
448
Reaction score
124
At your budget, it is hard to get decent hardware specs.
You can consider the ideapad-S130 with 4 GB RAM with 64 GB eMMC or 128 GB PCIe SSD.
32GB eMMC is really insufficient.

If Windows is not a must, you may also want to consider getting a Chromebook from Lazada.

Lastly, you don't absolutely have to get a new laptop, a 2nd hand Lenovo X230 or X240 with 8GB ram & a SSD will provide much better performance within your budget.
 

ichinisan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2019
Messages
19,950
Reaction score
4,152
Any kind soul can advice if this is a value for money 15-inch laptop?


Lenovo S340-15IWL 81N80039SB


8th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-8265U Processor
(6M Cache up to 3.9Ghz)
8GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA MX230 2GB GDDR5
512GB M2 PCIe SSD
15.6” FHD Display (1920 x 1080)
Backlit keyboard
Windows 10 Home


Price at $1099
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top