Renewing passport

hottiedoggie

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2010
Messages
751
Reaction score
0
Hi guys, just wondering if you were to renew the passport due to the lack of passport pages will they renew the expiry date or do they just give you a new passport with the existing dates
 

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,027
Reaction score
1,918
This should be true still in your case:
"If you renew your passport before its expiry date, the remaining validity will carry over to your new passport, up to a maximum of 9 months."
 

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
32,164
Reaction score
762
This should be true still in your case:
"If you renew your passport before its expiry date, the remaining validity will carry over to your new passport, up to a maximum of 9 months."

adding on to beanstalk...

if your passport still has like 1-2 years left... usually they will add fresh new pages.

you can also request for a brand new replacement passport

for me, I will prefer to request for a new passport, if it is not too troublesome
 

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,027
Reaction score
1,918
I have not encountered any instances where the existing passport can have pages added. The current biometric passport only comes with the option of 64 pages.
 

hottiedoggie

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2010
Messages
751
Reaction score
0
adding on to beanstalk...

if your passport still has like 1-2 years left... usually they will add fresh new pages.

you can also request for a brand new replacement passport

for me, I will prefer to request for a new passport, if it is not too troublesome


My Passport is expiring the end of 2020 and I would like to renew the passport however they do not allow me to renew it as it is still considered a long period before it expires. The reason why I want to renew it is because of the US Visa i will be apply. I wish not to be holding on to two passports.
 

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
32,164
Reaction score
762
There may be instances whereby you need to hold two passports
Part 1 and part 2.

Sent from Henabi virus using GAGT
 

really_noob

Master Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2005
Messages
3,093
Reaction score
795
My Passport is expiring the end of 2020 and I would like to renew the passport however they do not allow me to renew it as it is still considered a long period before it expires. The reason why I want to renew it is because of the US Visa i will be apply. I wish not to be holding on to two passports.

I'm sure if you explain to them they will be ok. Otherwise, you'll need to carry the old passport with the visa page in it and the new valid one when you enter US.
Not sure about US but do they issue some kind of card to prove your visa status?

I know in the UK, they will print a visa page in the passport but that is only valid for first entry (that page has a short expiry). After that, once you enter the country, you have to collect some residence card, so just show that card and passport to enter the country. I think they introduced this card thing to reduce the inconvenience of people carrying two passports when the one with the visa on it expires.
 

juxtaposition

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2010
Messages
1,372
Reaction score
1
I got same situation before. I need a validity of 2 yrs for a visa but my ppt left with 1yr+ validity. I just apply renewal online n stated out of pages.

My Passport is expiring the end of 2020 and I would like to renew the passport however they do not allow me to renew it as it is still considered a long period before it expires. The reason why I want to renew it is because of the US Visa i will be apply. I wish not to be holding on to two passports.
 

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
32,164
Reaction score
762
I guess hottiedoggie just need to talk nicely with ICA officer and state the intention very clearly

Previously I faced initial rejections from ICA as well when my old passport left 1 year+ a bit and my company wanna apply ABTC for me...

So one of ICA officers was nice enough to help me arrange an ICA interview so that I can submit both the passport renewal application form and the ABTC card application form

The officer who met me asked me to fill up some more forms, write down some reasons etc, then she sign sign here, sign sign there, chop chop chop. Take portrait photo...

And the rest is history

Sent from Henabi virus using GAGT
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top