Report a post but I got infracted instead

  • Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mental Health Helpline: 6389-2222 (24 hours) More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

clon33

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2009
Messages
28,918
Reaction score
4,341
Hi HWZ admin

Can you give a reason why I was infracted for "Trolling, Posting Rubbish, Trouble Maker" ?

My post only has 3 paragraphs.

First paragraph is to cite the exact word that HWZ user used to reply my post and called me "stupid".

Second paragraph informed the HWZ user that he was factually wrong, because there are long-term studies after Phase 3 clinical trials have ended. My original post was the CDC release of long-term study on myocarditis after mRNA vaccination.

Third paragraph is to inform the said HWZ to reflect on himself first before calling others "stupid".

Not only did I point out the misinformation by said HWZ member, I also told him to reflect on himself first before calling others "stupid". From all these actions, I actually set a good example for civil discourse for online discussion.

Now which of these paragraphs have I violated the HWZ member conduct?

https://www.sph.com.sg/tnc/member

You acknowledge that the Site and Services are used by a community of users, and you hereby agree and undertake:
  • to treat all users with respect and civility;
  • not to annoy, pester, solicit, harass, threaten, offend, insult, abuse, defame, or injure any other users, or commit any unlawful or tortious acts against other users;

I await a fair response from the moderator that infracted me. Please don't hide behind an anonymous account "hwzadmin".

Thank you.


Screenshot-20240318-122426-Brave.jpg
 
Last edited:

Ottoke

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Mar 12, 2015
Messages
147,630
Reaction score
5,286
No need to show us the ToC. We know.

Both of you can stop quarrelling. I believe we have told you that both of you got infracted.

O
 

clon33

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2009
Messages
28,918
Reaction score
4,341
Hi HWZ admin

1)
In my previous thread I simply asked for an explanation for infraction. But the thread was closed by Ottoke without a proper explanation.

2)
To clarify the moderator Ottoke's words. Cambridge dictionary defines the word "quarrel " as an angry disagreement.

In what way did I quarrel with the said HWZ user? Please cite the exact words which showed anger or disagreement.

I merely pointed out the fact that the HWZ user was factually wrong. There was never any disagreement where facts are concerned. After FDA approved Phase 3 clinical trials, there has to be Phase 4 long-term studies done. This is a fact.

Can HWZ admin please clarify does pointing out misinformation fall under the category of

- Trolling
- Posting Rubbish
- Trouble Maker

If yes, then please amend your HWZ Member T&C to state that pointing out misinformation will be recognized as "quarreling".

I will also send an email to SPH or post on FB to ask them to clarify about their policy regarding misinformation posted on SPH forums.

I hope that the HWZ admin can reply before the moderator Ottoke closes this thread again.

Thank you.


https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threads/report-a-post-but-i-got-infracted-instead.7010912/

Screenshot-20240318-143805-Brave.jpg


Screenshot-20240318-143158-Brave.jpg
 

Ottoke

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Mar 12, 2015
Messages
147,630
Reaction score
5,286
You wouldn't have gotten any infraction if you don't reply to Tschuu and ignore him. You do not need to go down to his level.

And lastly, you can stop slapping us your dictionaries and any ToS screenshot. We perfectly know what they are.

The decision is final and we will no longer entertain any further appeals from you with regards to this matter.

O
 

clon33

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2009
Messages
28,918
Reaction score
4,341
Hi HWZ admin

1)
I am writing to lodge a complaint against the HWZ moderator Ottoke, because of his unprofessional behavior.

If HWZ management does not allow review of the moderator behavior, then please state it clearly here. Otherwise it is very misleading for HWZ users to think that Feedback channel purpose is to

- allow HWZ users to seek clarification on infractions

- allow HWZ users to lodge feedback and complaints

There is no point in continuing to use your platform when HWZ management does not care about customer feedback, and there is no accountability for staff actions.


2)
For the 1st infraction I received, the moderators failed to provide any evidence to match the vague reasons given.

After opening the 1st thread to clarify, I was given an even more ambiguous reply.

- "quarreling"

I did not ask for much explanation. Just what are the exact words in my post that deserved the infraction. But the moderator Ottoke couldn't even cite the words that I used that violated HWZ Member T&C.

In the absence of any evidence provided, it has become apparent that the problem does not lie with me. The actual problem lies with the unprofessional attitude shown by HWZ admin team.

1st thread closed without clarification
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...got-infracted-instead.7010912/#post-151700490

2nd thread deleted when I called out Ottoke by name in thread title
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threads/why-did-ottoke-hit-and-run.7010960/

Subsequently I received a 2nd infraction with the exact same modus operandi by the HWZ moderation team. No evidence given whatsoever.

3)
I am very clear that I did not insult anyone. And I always cite the evidence when refuting misinformation posted by other HWZ members.

HWZ moderator cranthir defined "refute" in the thread below.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threads/infraction-enquiry.7010527/post-151689355
707px-Graham%27s_Hierarchy_of_Disagreement.svg.png


Since none of 2 infractions were categorized as misinformation, then it is understood that what I posted is based on fact and not opinion, criticism, satire or parody which falls under POFMA.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/sweeping-laws-proposed-arm-govt-powers-fight-fake-news

20190401_rls_fmfakenews0401_004.jpg


If HWZ admin is willing to do a review of my last 2 infractions, I would be thankful. Just let me know what is this moderator Ottoke problem?

Otherwise I stand accused by the HWZ moderator Ottoke of "quarreling" without any chance of clearing my name, because the moderator refused to provide any evidence. Not even a single word cited that came from my post.


Screenshot-20240318-122426-Brave.jpg


Screenshot-20240320-115813-Brave.jpg
 
Last edited:

Dragon

*
Administrator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
37,621
Reaction score
1,552
We have already reviewed your infractions, as our Moderator had pointed out, they were for quarreling with other forum members, calling them "stupid" and "upgrade your common sense". Your offences had nothing to do with misinformation.

There is nothing wrong with your posts if you had refrained from adding snide insults at other forum members who opposed your views. Please remain civil and friendly towards other forum members when posting on HWZ forums.

Thank you and have a good day. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top