Reservist light duty question help!

Kang meng

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2019
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
I just had an surgery (right inguinal hernia repair) on 28/5/19. My doctor issue me a memo (to SAF)stating to excuse from heavy duty for next 2 months and no heavy load for 6 weeks. *My ICT reservist is on 8 July to 12 July. It requires me to report with FBO. As I'm unable to carry heavy load for 6 weeks due to the surgery and light duty for 2 months,how do I go about endorsing it? Thanks in advance.
 
Last edited:

Calander

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2014
Messages
2,319
Reaction score
11
I just had an surgery (right inguinal hernia repair) on 28/5/19. My doctor issue me a memo (to SAF)stating to excuse from heavy duty for next 2 months and no heavy load for 6 weeks. *My ICT reservist is on 8 July to 12 July. It requires me to report with FBO. As I'm unable to carry heavy load for 6 weeks due to the surgery and light duty for 2 months,how do I go about endorsing it? Thanks in advance.

u need to contact your unit and inform them about your medical condition so that your unit can make necessary arrangements to change your ICT duties. they will also need you to submit these documentations for submission to the board.

may i ask.. was the idea of "contacting your unit on this issue" ever not occurred in your mind?
 

chehjin

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2000
Messages
6,607
Reaction score
854
by right you need to call ns hotline and make appointment to get it endorsed and see if require pes change. Need to go your unit home camp medical center.

but if u wan easy way out is wait for ICT, bring MC and all documentation along and show ur superiors then report sick and get it endorsed for the ICT.

MC endorsed during ICT, status can only be given for that period.

if u wan the whole duration, to excuse ippt etc etc, then need to make the appointment.
 

pikafunk3

Banned
Joined
Apr 28, 2013
Messages
37,828
Reaction score
4,639
I just had an surgery (right inguinal hernia repair) on 28/5/19. My doctor issue me a memo (to SAF)stating to excuse from heavy duty for next 2 months and no heavy load for 6 weeks. *My ICT reservist is on 8 July to 12 July. It requires me to report with FBO. As I'm unable to carry heavy load for 6 weeks due to the surgery and light duty for 2 months,how do I go about endorsing it? Thanks in advance.

actually the correct answer is to call your unit and inform them of your status.
then respond accordingly.

there are a few possibilities, depending on the unit practices and training schedule:
- report as usual, but no need to bring FBO and cannot go outfield
- you cannot be deployed due to your status and you are taken out of the ICT
- get medical review appointment and let MO check
- etc etc....

alternatively you can in-pro and bring your excuse sheet along... from there they have no choice but to figure out what to do with you on the spot
but of course this option is messier and more time-wasting for everyone
 

blackie83

Banned
Joined
Sep 23, 2001
Messages
11,313
Reaction score
743
Online book medical appointment review.
after get status. inform unit and OC.

you cannot in-pro with status. They are going to out-pro you. Unless you so lucky your OC allow you to sleep in the bunk for the whole ICT.
 

Kang meng

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2019
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
actually the correct answer is to call your unit and inform them of your status.
then respond accordingly.

there are a few possibilities, depending on the unit practices and training schedule:
- report as usual, but no need to bring FBO and cannot go outfield
- you cannot be deployed due to your status and you are taken out of the ICT
- get medical review appointment and let MO check
- etc etc....

alternatively you can in-pro and bring your excuse sheet along... from there they have no choice but to figure out what to do with you on the spot
but of course this option is messier and more time-wasting for everyone

Do I call the unit in reporting to? Because this my first ICT, so I think the unit I reporting to is just a training institute.
 

pikafunk3

Banned
Joined
Apr 28, 2013
Messages
37,828
Reaction score
4,639
Do I call the unit in reporting to? Because this my first ICT, so I think the unit I reporting to is just a training institute.

no man, dont call the place that you are reporting to

call your unit...the people who issued you the callup. the chief clerk etc are in charge of NS matters


the location can change with every ICT

they are supposed to include a contact number, or double check with NS portal with regards to your unit details
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top