
Reservist is every year they call you or any time of year they call you?
Sent from HUAWEI BLA-L29 using GAGT
Reservist is every year they call you or any time of year they call you?
Sent from HUAWEI BLA-L29 using GAGT
Reservist is every year they call you or any time of year they call you?
Sent from HUAWEI BLA-L29 using GAGT

dun worry they will give u 6 mths notice.
I am wondering for those who start Uni after ORD and your are in a combat vocation mono-intake.
Would you sacrifice missing class or defer because either it sucks.
If miss class for 2 weeks, a lot of catching up.
If defer ICT from your unit, confirm kena make-up ICT with other unit.
Which would you choose because Uni at most 3-4years.
if your son's Uni is recognized IHL, shouldn't ICT be called during the IHL black-out window i.e. during the longer semester vacation?
If it's those 1 or half day duration (which I guess it may just be for some briefing/IPPT etc), just go lor. I ever have to go for IPPT in the morning half of the day (got RO so cannot siam) and then late afternoon still got lectures/tutorials to go
Can I check what’s the oldest age that NS will call you back? I’m done with Uni already but so far still no reservist and no unit. Previously from training institute
Can I check what’s the oldest age that NS will call you back? I’m done with Uni already but so far still no reservist and no unit. Previously from training institute
Thanks for the reply.if your son's Uni is recognized IHL, shouldn't ICT be called during the IHL black-out window i.e. during the longer semester vacation?
If it's those 1 or half day duration (which I guess it may just be for some briefing/IPPT etc), just go lor. I ever have to go for IPPT in the morning half of the day (got RO so cannot siam) and then late afternoon still got lectures/tutorials to go
I am wondering for those who start Uni after ORD and your are in a combat vocation mono-intake.
Would you sacrifice missing class or defer because either it sucks.
If miss class for 2 weeks, a lot of catching up.
If defer ICT from your unit, confirm kena make-up ICT with other unit.
Which would you choose because Uni at most 3-4years.
I testify to that. My elder brother got call up at 38. Only did 2 days of 1st ICT because of his obesity and health. They outpro him after he did 2.4km and had breathing difficulties. Based on MO assessment.Can be any age before 40.
I ord-ed in 2006 and was posted to holding unit until 2014 when they posted me to a unit and I went for reservist for the first time in 2015 when I was 31.
I have even heard that some people got their 1st call up at 38 or 39 and ended up only did 1 or 2 ICTs before ROD.
Just sharing my experience. I disrupted my NS for university study in NUS. During my first year vacation, I went back to the unit to complete the remaining of my NS. I was not called for ICT for my second year. My first ICT only started after I graduated (my degree is three years). Not only that, I joined a different unit for my first ICT in December instead of going for my own (which is in June).
I think SAF would not disturb your son when he is studying in U. He would most likely start his ICT only after he has finished his degree.