Resign during maternity leave

andytantravels

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2019
Messages
639
Reaction score
0
I don’t see any issue with it - unless you really quite at the END of your leave ... not really fair on the company who have supported you.
 

su201996

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2018
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
Anyway ML is government paid leave, your company can claim back your salary from government.
 

j_osephine

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2019
Messages
38
Reaction score
9
why judged so quickly when you don't even know TS's actual reasons of resigning??

i had horrible bosses when i was pregnant with my first kid. They tried all ways to get rid of me bcos of my pregnancy, asking me to carry super heavy stuffs when i was alr likr 5 months plus preggy and the list just go on and on and on.
Some employers or bosses can be nasty to preg employees (sad but true also!)

In such cases, do you still think we are "basket of lowlifes who will never succeed in life" as quoted by JakePeralta?
 

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2011
Messages
11,952
Reaction score
1,329
This is one of the most frowned upon practice
It puts you right into the basket of lowlifes who will never succeed in life
Harsh words and judgmental I know, but it is the truth
I don't really see the issue, to be frank.
If I have a staff member on maternity leave, and she either (i) resigns during her ML, or (ii) comes back to work and immediately give me resignation letter.

Frankly I rather have her do the former rather than the latter. Cos the latter I have to pay her extra 1 mth salary and she won't be anywhere near 100% or even 50% productivity, might as well just not come back at all.
 

sunsetbay

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jul 3, 2000
Messages
54,084
Reaction score
6,358
this is the reason why many employers shun from hiring newly-wed women knowing that they will get pregnant shortly, take ML and sayonara~
 

themurphylow

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2019
Messages
716
Reaction score
4
I never even considered this actually! But I wonder if it’s something HR would speak about openly in meetings when choosing candidates

this is the reason why many employers shun from hiring newly-wed women knowing that they will get pregnant shortly, take ML and sayonara~
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top