Atrina_Boy
Great Supremacy Member
- Joined
- Jan 1, 2016
- Messages
- 61,340
- Reaction score
- 30,682
Nice thread to read. 


To each his own. If I have sufficient to spend based on my SRS, it should last me until 70 when cpf life starts.Payout starts at 65. Pls don't extend.
As life is short, when you are getting old your health might deteriorates in a very short period of times. After working for more than 30yrs I do want to enjoying the fruits of my hard work. I do intended to invest portion of that CPF sums into stock mkt if the conditions are right for mid term period of times( may be 3 to 5 yrs ). Thanks for your sound advice. I'll split my withdrawal into few cycles then. As for inflation that you mentioned, I've budgeted more than doubles of the current budgets for that. On top of that, I still can downgraded my fully paid up HDB or surrender 1 life insurance policy to free up some cash for any emergency if it arise.Withdraw only the sum you need from SA/OA for expenses each year as OA at 2.5% and SA at 4% should keep up with inflation. If you withdraw the lump sum and keep in the bank, inflation will erode the value of your savings as bank interest definitely cannot keep up with inflation.
I hope you had some plans to deal with inflation between now to 65 - with bank interest so low, your money is losing value every day if it is just kept in the bank.
Lim swee say wife passed away at 69.No, the "do nothing" default for CPF LIFE is that payouts start at age 70. If you want payouts to start earlier you have to instruct the CPF Board to do that.
It's very financially attractive to start payouts as late as allowed (age 70). If you're able to wait, you should (with rare exceptions).
Yes, and that's very sad. I'm sure we all send our condolences. Financially speaking only, if Elaine Cheong Siew Boon did not start any CPF Retirement Account-based payouts then her CPF nominee(s) inherit her full Retirement Account plus accrued 4.0% interest plus accrued bonus interest. And this financial outcome happens to be the best available financial outcome for her loved ones.Lim swee say wife passed away at 69.
Congratulations! Looks like you had prepared well for your retirement.As life is short, when you are getting old your health might deteriorates in a very short period of times. After working for more than 30yrs I do want to enjoying the fruits of my hard work. I do intended to invest portion of that CPF sums into stock mkt if the conditions are right for mid term period of times( may be 3 to 5 yrs ). Thanks for your sound advice. I'll split my withdrawal into few cycles then. As for inflation that you mentioned, I've budgeted more than doubles of the current budgets for that. On top of that, I still can downgraded my fully paid up HDB or surrender 1 life insurance policy to free up some cash for any emergency if it arise.
Also depends on whether you intend to leave anything for your offsprings.Hi All,
I would like to seek your view about your strategy of the withdrawal when you start your retirement journey, says from age 65 onwards.
in addition to the monthly CPF life payout, how much do you intend to withdraw (of course, if also depends on how much you want per month)? Do you withdraw 4% of your total savings yearly? If it is 4%, your savings can last you 25 years (65 + 25 years = 90 yo).
Any comments?
Wonder how many people under , what you meant by "amortized" all my financial assets on a straight line. ;PAlso depends on whether you intend to leave anything for your offsprings.
I amortised all my financial assets on a straight line to age 95, leaving only my 5rm hdb flat to my kid. The only biggest issue is medical expenses. I don't bother with inflation as my initial drawdowns are nearly double my retirement needs and without spending all, it should be enough to take care of inflation.
Wonder how many people under , what you meant by "amortized" all my financial assets on a straight line.
Thanks for this interesting formula.
I failed my Algebra and math. Die man!
Wish to check about the sequence of withdrawal ... interest from SA , then OA.Congratulations! Looks like you had prepared well for your retirement.
On CPF withdrawals, my understanding is that you could withdraw as often as you like from 55 onwards and it would be as easy as receiving the withdrawal directly into your bank account. So to use the money, you could just withdraw it monthly while keeping the rest continue to earn interests.
The sequence of withdrawal, from my last check with CPF (was over a year ago), is interests from SA, then OA, after that any deposits into SA, then OA and finally principal from SA, then OA.
Withdrawal in Jun 2022, Interest from Jan to May of 2022, deposits in Jun 2022.Example at at age 60 in Jun of 2022, request for withdrawal of a large sum.... so withdrawal will be from interest from jan to Jun 2022 ,then deposits(if any) O
But no matter want...... Math is important.
8th wonder of the worldThe most important Math for personal finance is Compounding.
i do not care much about the payout. i should have more than enuf cash to last my whole life. To me it is the overall value. the advantage of drawing at 70 is that the principal continue to roll at 4%++ for 5 more years.It's very financially attractive to start payouts as late as allowed (age 70). If you're able to wait, you should (with rare exceptions).
i learnt this formula when i was in sec 3. it is the sum to nterms formula for geometric progressionI failed my Algebra and math. Die man!