goodluckchuck3
Senior Member
- Joined
- Jul 24, 2021
- Messages
- 533
- Reaction score
- 287
Been a big fan of Revolut and have been using it more frequently—especially the app + card for day-to-day spending. Helps me manage money a bit more discreetly (yes, keeping some stuff under the radar from the wife)
About 4 weeks ago, a friend who owed me money got his bonus and wanted to return $4k. I told him to send it to the DBS account number listed under my Revolut account details (i.e. the one Revolut gives you so you can receive SGD via local transfer).
I received the funds with no issue. Used some of it for expenses, left a few hundred inside Revolut. Everything worked fine.
Fast forward 2 weeks ago (later) —I added $3.8k of my own money into my Revolut account. And then bam—instant fund restriction. I can see the money sitting in my main account, but I can't touch it. Can’t move, withdraw, spend—nothing.
What’s worse? Revolut is now saying it’s because of the old $4k inbound transfer from 4 weeks ago that’s being flagged. So even though I already used and moved that money out long ago, they’re now locking my new funds just because of that previous transaction. Honestly feels a bit... scummy. Why wait until I added fresh funds to freeze it?
So now I’ve got nearly $4k locked and can’t do anything.
They made me go through some basic verification (i explained and they asked for chat history to prove but i am unable to provide any as it was just a simple teleconvo to return money) and initially said it would take less than a day.
Then after a day passed, suddenly it became “extensive investigation, 7 days.”
Now it’s already almost 2 weeks, still the same copy-paste replies from customer service: “We're reviewing it, please wait”.
Support is useless. Live chat just gives template responses, can’t connect to anyone with actual power to help.
Anyone else experienced this? What happened in your case?
Do they ever release the funds eventually, or do I have to escalate? Or how to escalate, only have livechat option + formal complaint email
Any advice on next steps? Super frustrated.
About 4 weeks ago, a friend who owed me money got his bonus and wanted to return $4k. I told him to send it to the DBS account number listed under my Revolut account details (i.e. the one Revolut gives you so you can receive SGD via local transfer).
I received the funds with no issue. Used some of it for expenses, left a few hundred inside Revolut. Everything worked fine.
Fast forward 2 weeks ago (later) —I added $3.8k of my own money into my Revolut account. And then bam—instant fund restriction. I can see the money sitting in my main account, but I can't touch it. Can’t move, withdraw, spend—nothing.
What’s worse? Revolut is now saying it’s because of the old $4k inbound transfer from 4 weeks ago that’s being flagged. So even though I already used and moved that money out long ago, they’re now locking my new funds just because of that previous transaction. Honestly feels a bit... scummy. Why wait until I added fresh funds to freeze it?
So now I’ve got nearly $4k locked and can’t do anything.
They made me go through some basic verification (i explained and they asked for chat history to prove but i am unable to provide any as it was just a simple teleconvo to return money) and initially said it would take less than a day.
Then after a day passed, suddenly it became “extensive investigation, 7 days.”
Now it’s already almost 2 weeks, still the same copy-paste replies from customer service: “We're reviewing it, please wait”.
Support is useless. Live chat just gives template responses, can’t connect to anyone with actual power to help.
Anyone else experienced this? What happened in your case?
Do they ever release the funds eventually, or do I have to escalate? Or how to escalate, only have livechat option + formal complaint email
Any advice on next steps? Super frustrated.