RMIT Management or Murdoch Management

gesnype

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2009
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Hi folks, I have been working for 2 years in the public sector and I'm intending to take a further step into the education environment.

I have been doing my own research on some overseas degree (management) offered here and I have managed to narrow it down to 2 - RMIT and Murdoch (SMF).

Right now i'm in a serious dilemma of which one is better for me.

Can anyone share about their thoughts or experiences? :):)

thank you
 

Franzz

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
33,076
Reaction score
2
Ts, I'm doing Murdoch at Kaplan now. The lecturers were formerly from SMF, told us they move over due to conflict with management. Quality wise, they are very good. The ones I had teach at SMU and Acca as well. Unless you really suay kena those bochap one.

Currently satisfied with the admin. Any problem just email if not call them directly. Workload not so heavy but I study full time la. Only diff from poly is you have to read a lot and prepare for lessons before hand. You can screw up if you don't catch up well.

Support wise murdoch got an office in singapore. Got any complain the Australian staff will come down to investigate. So any problem there is any avenue to voice out.

Ranking wise at 400+. Not so fantastic but not bad as well. Good thing is that campus is at city area, very convenient
 

the11am_guy

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2002
Messages
88
Reaction score
0
Hi folks, I have been working for 2 years in the public sector and I'm intending to take a further step into the education environment.

I have been doing my own research on some overseas degree (management) offered here and I have managed to narrow it down to 2 - RMIT and Murdoch (SMF).

Right now i'm in a serious dilemma of which one is better for me.

Can anyone share about their thoughts or experiences? :):)

thank you

Try UOL programmes.. Few Pte schs offering it like SIM/PSB ..Cause they have deg majoring in Mgmt too with honours.
 

gesnype

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2009
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Many ppl over looked the NAA uni of Adelaide program.

Ts, I'm doing Murdoch at Kaplan now. The lecturers were formerly from SMF, told us they move over due to conflict with management. Quality wise, they are very good. The ones I had teach at SMU and Acca as well. Unless you really suay kena those bochap one.

Currently satisfied with the admin. Any problem just email if not call them directly. Workload not so heavy but I study full time la. Only diff from poly is you have to read a lot and prepare for lessons before hand. You can screw up if you don't catch up well.

Support wise murdoch got an office in singapore. Got any complain the Australian staff will come down to investigate. So any problem there is any avenue to voice out.

Ranking wise at 400+. Not so fantastic but not bad as well. Good thing is that campus is at city area, very convenient

hi franzz,

thanks for your input. what course are you taking? have you taken their bridging units? how many projects per semester or it depends on the module?
 

ftft58

Member
Joined
May 23, 2013
Messages
222
Reaction score
0
agree with this.
or can try Kaplan- UOL Royal Holloway.
definitely won't recommend rmit or murdoch.

why is that so? you were from either schools? have some friends from rmit in sim and they are doing not bad.

my sis did UOL, it was ok but i thought it is too exam focused and still involves rote learning.
 
Joined
Jun 4, 2008
Messages
173
Reaction score
0
Hi TS

If you intend to stay in the public sector, it would perhaps be best if you can check with your HR dept on the recognition for the degrees you intend to pursue.
 

the11am_guy

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2002
Messages
88
Reaction score
0
why you think RMIT and murdoch is not recommended? On what basis? please elaborate more.

I'm from Murdoch, the reason i wouldn't recommend you taking it is due to the attractive choice that other PTE sch offers like direct honours and in your case a major in MGMT. At Murdoch and RMIT you don't have the option for direct honours in SG and IF you insist on honours you have to go on campus on the 4th year.

So if you ask me, it will save you the hassle and bucks. Nonetheless I am happy with the quality of education Murdoch offered both on campus and in SMF.

Some options for you
UOL - SIM/SAA/PSB/TMC ( honours)
or
Uni of Adelaide by NAA sg (basic degree)

All the best in your future studies man
 

gesnype

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2009
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
I'm from Murdoch, the reason i wouldn't recommend you taking it is due to the attractive choice that other PTE sch offers like direct honours and in your case a major in MGMT. At Murdoch and RMIT you don't have the option for direct honours in SG and IF you insist on honours you have to go on campus on the 4th year.

So if you ask me, it will save you the hassle and bucks. Nonetheless I am happy with the quality of education Murdoch offered both on campus and in SMF.

Some options for you
UOL - SIM/SAA/PSB/TMC ( honours)
or
Uni of Adelaide by NAA sg (basic degree)

All the best in your future studies man

I did not insist on taking an honors because I have no interest in it. by the way, I have sent an email to NAA regarding their course and this is what they replied to me

"With reference to you facebook query, you graduated from the Republic polytechnic. Currently, we do no take in student from the Republic polytechnic. Students will have to fullfill the whole of year 1 modules and half of year 2 modules. The reason being is that we only offer year 3 and some of year 2 modules. If you wish to go onshore(australia), you will not have any issue. "

Are they biased with my RP or what??!!! :mad:
 

lolita_5

Banned
Joined
Jul 13, 2010
Messages
15,150
Reaction score
1,386
u can consider UCD at kaplan as well, uol is a decent choice too. Tbh, i wouldn't rcmd rmit
 

gesnype

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2009
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
I was browsing the net about foreign institution (Australia) that are acceptable by MOM:

  1. Ben Gurion University of the Negev
  2. Deakin University
  3. Flinders University
  4. Griffith University
  5. La Trobe University
  6. Macquarie University
  7. Monash University (Caulfield Insitute of Technology is now called Caulfield Campus, one of the main wings of Monash University)
  8. Murdoch University
  9. Queensland University of Technology (QUT) (formerly Queensland Institute of Technology)
  10. Swinburne University of Technology (Swinburne Institute of Technology)

Clearly, RMIT is not in the list.

what you guys think?
 

the11am_guy

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2002
Messages
88
Reaction score
0
I was browsing the net about foreign institution (Australia) that are acceptable by MOM:

  1. Ben Gurion University of the Negev
  2. Deakin University
  3. Flinders University
  4. Griffith University
  5. La Trobe University
  6. Macquarie University
  7. Monash University (Caulfield Insitute of Technology is now called Caulfield Campus, one of the main wings of Monash University)
  8. Murdoch University
  9. Queensland University of Technology (QUT) (formerly Queensland Institute of Technology)
  10. Swinburne University of Technology (Swinburne Institute of Technology)

Clearly, RMIT is not in the list.

what you guys think?

Sorry but this sounds dubious lol...How can UWA,Adelaide,ANU or UQ not even be in this list?
Need to know where u get this list from ..exact reference will be appreciated.
 

the11am_guy

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2002
Messages
88
Reaction score
0
I did not insist on taking an honors because I have no interest in it. by the way, I have sent an email to NAA regarding their course and this is what they replied to me

"With reference to you facebook query, you graduated from the Republic polytechnic. Currently, we do no take in student from the Republic polytechnic. Students will have to fullfill the whole of year 1 modules and half of year 2 modules. The reason being is that we only offer year 3 and some of year 2 modules. If you wish to go onshore(australia), you will not have any issue. "

Are they biased with my RP or what??!!! :mad:

No they just want to make money money money $$$.. I know they took in PTE diploma students from PSB andSMF back then..OR maybe RP don't fit any of the criteria for 1 year exemptions.But that is just weird cause RP kids go to UQ, UniMelb with some credit exemptions. Mind boggling if you ask me.
 

gesnype

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2009
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Sorry but this sounds dubious lol...How can UWA,Adelaide,ANU or UQ not even be in this list?
Need to know where u get this list from ..exact reference will be appreciated.


hi 11amguy, i can't paste the link. website state i exceed the limit? i don't know why that happen.

you can go to MOM website, then click on foreign manpower, then click on Training employment pass on the left side menu panel, then you will a "acceptable institution" which highlighted in blue among the paragraph.
 

bugmenot45

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2011
Messages
1,581
Reaction score
0
I did not insist on taking an honors because I have no interest in it.

why do you have no interest in it??
I recommend UOL/UCD because of much better reputation.
yes, it is exam focused, but that's what singaporean employers like mah. *shrug*
 

gesnype

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2009
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
why do you have no interest in it??
I recommend UOL/UCD because of much better reputation.
yes, it is exam focused, but that's what singaporean employers like mah. *shrug*

I prefer project more. Easy for me to learn then memory study. no point to learn like that but thanks for your advice
 

Franzz

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
33,076
Reaction score
2
hi franzz,

thanks for your input. what course are you taking? have you taken their bridging units? how many projects per semester or it depends on the module?

I'm taking commerce degree major in marketing and Mngt

Bridging depends. If got related diploma no need to do. I did bridging in econs, law, accounting etc which is the equivalent if first year modules. I was from IT btw.

Projects depends on module. They are mostly presentations. One module maybe 1 individual assignment plus one more group assignment. Then you will have mid sem test and at the end the finals exam.
 

Franzz

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
33,076
Reaction score
2
I prefer project more. Easy for me to learn then memory study. no point to learn like that but thanks for your advice

If want project murdoch is suitable. The marking for most modules is 50% exam 50% projects. Some module is 60 exam 40 projects.

You can also consider royal holloway. Lecturers direct from uk, top 100 uni iirc. UCD also, top ranking uni. But both are reputedly to be harder but comes with honours.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top