RTX 4000 series thread... [No scalping discussion]

Yongkit

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2015
Messages
5,916
Reaction score
2,501
Will be observation it's 4k performance and power consumption taking into account possible new PSU standard upgrade
 

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 30, 2005
Messages
6,350
Reaction score
1,507
Will be observation it's 4k performance and power consumption taking into account possible new PSU standard upgrade
I think the second flagship in Nvidia's lineup the 4090 is confirmed to run at 450W TDP. Only the 4090 Ti with 48GB VRAM will be a 800W TDP board. Realistically, I don't think even the hardcore gamers will even look at that card especially with a US$1,999 price tag.

Honestly, I think you still can run a splitter to use 3x8pin into the card. Same way they supplied one with the 3090 Ti. Of course this has to be confirmed still too early to tell.
 

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2011
Messages
29,027
Reaction score
8,286
I think the second flagship in Nvidia's lineup the 4090 is confirmed to run at 450W TDP. Only the 4090 Ti with 48GB VRAM will be a 800W TDP board. Realistically, I don't think even the hardcore gamers will even look at that card especially with a US$1,999 price tag.

Honestly, I think you still can run a splitter to use 3x8pin into the card. Same way they supplied one with the 3090 Ti. Of course this has to be confirmed still too early to tell.

From what I observed, the hardcore gamers are not exactly chasing after the highest-end hardware, much less tweaking and tuning stuff. As long as the game is playable and smooth, they are able to game from morning to night, not doing anything else.

The ones buying all these high-end flagship components usually don't spend as much time gaming. They are usually busy taking screenshots and videos, tuning and tweaking settings, running benchmarks, etc. Not exactly a hardcore gamer IMO.
 

matique

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2017
Messages
797
Reaction score
786
I'll have a look at prices first. Very happy with my current setup so won't be rushing in too much. Would upgrade if price/performance is good. This round no more mining alr so can't recoup costs, got to plan wisely.
 

Yongkit

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2015
Messages
5,916
Reaction score
2,501
From what I observed, the hardcore gamers are not exactly chasing after the highest-end hardware, much less tweaking and tuning stuff. As long as the game is playable and smooth, they are able to game from morning to night, not doing anything else.

The ones buying all these high-end flagship components usually don't spend as much time gaming. They are usually busy taking screenshots and videos, tuning and tweaking settings, running benchmarks, etc. Not exactly a hardcore gamer IMO.
from 3000 series onwards many perspective on GPU performance and usage have change with undervolting popularity, and not to mentioned some only buying high end gpu for media consumption like YouTube or Netflix :LOL:
 

Yongkit

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2015
Messages
5,916
Reaction score
2,501
I think the second flagship in Nvidia's lineup the 4090 is confirmed to run at 450W TDP. Only the 4090 Ti with 48GB VRAM will be a 800W TDP board. Realistically, I don't think even the hardcore gamers will even look at that card especially with a US$1,999 price tag.

Honestly, I think you still can run a splitter to use 3x8pin into the card. Same way they supplied one with the 3090 Ti. Of course this has to be confirmed still too early to tell.
ya good to know for the 450w TDP GPU still exists (y)

somehow I think there are group of users might thinking of switching to RDNA3 gpu because of the lower TDP and also performance uplift.
 

celsus

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2008
Messages
1,312
Reaction score
93
I just got a 3070 after nearly 6 years with a 1060 so nope... not looking to change soon 🤣
 

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 30, 2005
Messages
6,350
Reaction score
1,507
From what I observed, the hardcore gamers are not exactly chasing after the highest-end hardware, much less tweaking and tuning stuff. As long as the game is playable and smooth, they are able to game from morning to night, not doing anything else.

The ones buying all these high-end flagship components usually don't spend as much time gaming. They are usually busy taking screenshots and videos, tuning and tweaking settings, running benchmarks, etc. Not exactly a hardcore gamer IMO.
Don't forget most of them run super exotic cooling setups. Most of them are just interested in numbers.
 

celsus

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2008
Messages
1,312
Reaction score
93
Esports becoming more like pro sports... their rigs not for ordinary ppl lah
 

congster2

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2007
Messages
13,254
Reaction score
5,351
Will be observation it's 4k performance and power consumption taking into account possible new PSU standard upgrade
Ya boy. I think my psu might not keep up. Which model are you looking at? Haha... 4080?
 

congster2

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2007
Messages
13,254
Reaction score
5,351
I think the second flagship in Nvidia's lineup the 4090 is confirmed to run at 450W TDP. Only the 4090 Ti with 48GB VRAM will be a 800W TDP board. Realistically, I don't think even the hardcore gamers will even look at that card especially with a US$1,999 price tag.

Honestly, I think you still can run a splitter to use 3x8pin into the card. Same way they supplied one with the 3090 Ti. Of course this has to be confirmed still too early to tell.
I wonder how the 3090/Ti will compare with 4080. If similar and the latter is a bargain, why not?
 

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 30, 2005
Messages
6,350
Reaction score
1,507
I wonder how the 3090/Ti will compare with 4080. If similar and the latter is a bargain, why not?
4080 will obliterate the 3090 Ti no doubt. I was only comparing the power delivery and I personally think untill 450W, you can still use the 3x8pin to 1x16pin connector. The problem comes when you need to use 2x16pin connector on the cards which is 800W. I don't think 1x16pin is sufficient for a 800W TDP board.
 

Yongkit

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2015
Messages
5,916
Reaction score
2,501
Ya boy. I think my psu might not keep up. Which model are you looking at? Haha... 4080?
ya should be 4080.

i think from 3080 performance wise really no point going below xx80 series as side upgrade since for the game I play mostly single player offline game easily at High setting 4k60fps~4k120fps on my main PC
 

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
25,669
Reaction score
2,123
I think the second flagship in Nvidia's lineup the 4090 is confirmed to run at 450W TDP. Only the 4090 Ti with 48GB VRAM will be a 800W TDP board. Realistically, I don't think even the hardcore gamers will even look at that card especially with a US$1,999 price tag.

Honestly, I think you still can run a splitter to use 3x8pin into the card. Same way they supplied one with the 3090 Ti. Of course this has to be confirmed still too early to tell.
Have to be careful with power hungry cards when using adapters.

https://wccftech.com/atx-3-0-12vhpw...r-safety-risk-using-adapter-confirms-pci-sig/
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top