Russia Visa

Avizoa

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2009
Messages
1,323
Reaction score
0
Any one traveled to Russia recently or have experience in travelling to russia?
I need advice on ways to get the russia visa as I was confused by numerous articles on ways to getting it.
 

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2002
Messages
29,638
Reaction score
3,487

uncle88

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2012
Messages
53
Reaction score
5
As getting a Russia Visa, you need someone from over there to invite you. It very troublesome. I paid $130 to get ASA to get it for me last year. Maybe could be cheaper elsewhere.
 

purplewave

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2003
Messages
92,594
Reaction score
2,717
i traveled on my abtc visa free, however, "business" visit only
 

jarvis

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,151
Reaction score
0
When using the Apec card, do you need any evidence of "business" visit? Are they going to ask you for letter of invitation or it's just self-declare?

That's one of the things I'm a bit confused about as I do have the card and I'm going for holiday.
 

dahnoob

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2011
Messages
904
Reaction score
0
They did not ask me on my last trip in 2015. I was going to tell them a mix of business and pleasure if they asked.
 

purplewave

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2003
Messages
92,594
Reaction score
2,717
don't dress and speak like obvious tourist and you'll be fine.


When using the Apec card, do you need any evidence of "business" visit? Are they going to ask you for letter of invitation or it's just self-declare?

That's one of the things I'm a bit confused about as I do have the card and I'm going for holiday.
 

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2002
Messages
29,638
Reaction score
3,487
The Russians are weird. They didn't bother me when I entered. But they almost didn't want to let me exit. I did the land crossing from St Pete to Estonia, in the middle of the night. They kept questioning me for almost an hour when I exited.
 

jarvis

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,151
Reaction score
0
Cheers guys. Very helpful. I'd also be exiting to Estonia. Saw the pictures my colleagues took in Russia and it looked great.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top