Ryzen 2600x high stock temperature?

chapster

Member
Joined
May 6, 2014
Messages
307
Reaction score
0
Hi guys, just assemble my rig yesterday. However idle temperature was unexpectedly high I think? around 45-55deg with stock cooler. Did some test with games like PUBG running ultra 1080p at around 62-65deg max. Should I resit the stock cooler and test temp again? Planning to get thermal grizzly kryonaut and if temp doesn't go lower might get a cryorig h7 as I don't plan to overclock atm. appreciate any advice
 

joeidle1

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2004
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
34
I'm running 2600x with stock cooler too. Getting the same temperature as you.

Might change cpu cooler too
 

Unic0rn

High Supremacy Member
Joined
May 11, 2011
Messages
27,485
Reaction score
8,612
my temps are similar too, with even higher load temps of 60-70c with cryorig h7plus and air conditioning on 9600k
 

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2008
Messages
16,845
Reaction score
1,784
normal. undervolt to 1v and it will idle below 40deg with stock cooler
 

chapster

Member
Joined
May 6, 2014
Messages
307
Reaction score
0
aio wont help? what about reapplying thermal paste or changing cooler to like cyroig h7?
 

Nirvani

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2001
Messages
1,428
Reaction score
0
Using an aio and I have similar temps. What I did was undervolt to 1.3v and throttle clock at 4ghz for all cores, tweak my fan curves to run at higher rpm, and tweak gpu fan to run higher rpm. At idle my temps are now 38 to 45 without aircon.
 

-Grift-

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2015
Messages
982
Reaction score
21
Depending on chip you might or might be able to get better temps and clocks by manually overclocking Ryzen

My 2700x + X470 Strix F can do
4.2GHz static overclock @ 1.27v(max LLC, effective 1.34~v under full load)
This is compared to PBO/XFR boosting voltages to 1.4-1.5v and only clocking 4.15GHz. Lower temps and power usage..
 

joeidle1

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2004
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
34
Just to check, any adverse of running the cpu at 50-60 degree idle? Are the CPU meant to take sure high temperatures?
 

Rozzhu

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2008
Messages
1,053
Reaction score
262
Hi guys, just assemble my rig yesterday. However idle temperature was unexpectedly high I think? around 45-55deg with stock cooler. Did some test with games like PUBG running ultra 1080p at around 62-65deg max. Should I resit the stock cooler and test temp again? Planning to get thermal grizzly kryonaut and if temp doesn't go lower might get a cryorig h7 as I don't plan to overclock atm. appreciate any advice


Hi, I recently upgrade my pc to this CPU too. Got exactly same temperatures like yours. I don't do overclocking and using stock cooler.

After searching the internet.

Install the latest chipset drivers from AMD.
Check your Power Plan. Change to Power Saver instead of AMD Ryzen Balanced.

So far this works for me. From HWMonitor my highest recorded CPU speed reach was 61xx MHz while gaming. Now temperature is 38C during idle. Sometime after starting up my PC, it will reach 58C during idle but after awhile it will drop back to 38C.

Hope this helps you.
 

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2016
Messages
6,939
Reaction score
3
You're overclocked by default with Precision Boost Overdrive (PBO) which some motherboard have it on by default. Offset -0.05V to - 0.1V would lower the idle and load temp. Consider turning PBO off and do a manual overclocking instead.

When your vcore lower than 1.30V, the temp is a lot more manageable.

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3003 using GAGT
 

CurryRice999

Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
189
Reaction score
0
Not too long ago i asked about this too. Using cryorig h7. U might want to let it idle for few minutes. For me when the pc is totally left untouch for like 3 min idle is 35 to 38c. Even just moving the mouse it will spike to 45c on 1 or 2 core for a split seconds. Apparently it has something to do with amd boost. I might be wrong but i have the same temp under idle and load at stock settings.

When doing nothing intensive like watching videos etc i am getting about 38c to 40c. But when i switch tab open new tab etc it will jump to 45c for a split seconds.

Hope this helps.
 
Last edited:

chapster

Member
Joined
May 6, 2014
Messages
307
Reaction score
0
You're overclocked by default with Precision Boost Overdrive (PBO) which some motherboard have it on by default. Offset -0.05V to - 0.1V would lower the idle and load temp. Consider turning PBO off and do a manual overclocking instead.

When your vcore lower than 1.30V, the temp is a lot more manageable.

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3003 using GAGT

Not too long ago i asked about this too. Using cryorig h7. U might want to let it idle for few minutes. For me when the pc is totally left untouch for like 3 min idle is 35 to 38c. Even just moving the mouse it will spike to 45c on 1 or 2 core for a split seconds. Apparently it has something to do with amd boost. I might be wrong but i have the same temp under idle and load at stock settings.

When doing nothing intensive like watching videos etc i am getting about 38c to 40c. But when i switch tab open new tab etc it will jump to 45c for a split seconds.

Hope this helps.

I'm using gigabyte board and turned off "core performance boost" which I think is the same as PBO? temp drop to 42-43 idle. How do I change the voltage settings? ps kinda noob at this type of stuff :s13:

DXkyod4.jpg
 

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
25,669
Reaction score
2,123
Temps look good for stock cooler. Don't forget the cooler is just a basic cooler with a copper core. So don't expect miracles in cooling. I swapped it to a simple Coolermaster Hyper 212 and it improved cooling significantly.
 

Kei_Li

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2003
Messages
763
Reaction score
4
Using Cryorig H7 too on my 2600x and idle temp is 40+/-.
whats a good software to manage the CPU/chassis fans?
 

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2016
Messages
6,939
Reaction score
3

I'm using gigabyte board and turned off "core performance boost" which I think is the same as PBO? temp drop to 42-43 idle. How do I change the voltage settings? ps kinda noob at this type of stuff :s13:

DXkyod4.jpg

that few deg difference i rather keep it on lol :s22:

anyway, your load temp is no where near bad. keep back at stock, with XMP on and retain your memory OC.

it's not near hot at all, considering I used to load my previous 1600 @ 3.75GHz 1.325V with max load temp of 80 deg and gaming temp at 70 deg using stock cooler. lmao

also considering 9900K load temp is 90 deg at stock :s22::s22::s22:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top