S23 accessories discussion

BiG_FisH

Master Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2004
Messages
3,183
Reaction score
76
goods have arrived!

#3 - UV Tempered Glass
  • instructions were relatively easy to follow, the included jig made the alignmentvery straightforward. even if there are any misalignment, can just lift the SP up and reset it down (PS - prior to removing any of the protective layer)
  • tried multiple times to use the dust sticker to lift any dust that settled on the screen, but still ended up with 1 mini-bubble near the bottom of the screen area.
  • Damn the micro dust particle, OCD triggered and tore it away
#4 - Privacy Tempered Glass
  • after the previous rage attempt, tried out the Privacy SP. no difference in application from UV model thus just reuse all the stuff (e.g. jig, UV light etc)
  • being even more careful this time round, still ended up with a dust bubble near the top. OCD folks beware :ROFLMAO:

Overall, I will say both UV and Privacy models are relatively easy to self-apply.
  • Touch sensitivity setting is off, fingerprint recognition works fine (fingerprints were added prior to SP application).
  • Privacy SP seems to be a slightly bigger fingerprint magnet compared to UV SP, I may be wrong
  • Tip - when using the squeegee tool, apply low pressure otherwise you will press down on the SP too hard and leave a marking on the SP
 
Joined
Apr 19, 2018
Messages
491
Reaction score
43
goods have arrived!

#3 - UV Tempered Glass
  • instructions were relatively easy to follow, the included jig made the alignmentvery straightforward. even if there are any misalignment, can just lift the SP up and reset it down (PS - prior to removing any of the protective layer)
  • tried multiple times to use the dust sticker to lift any dust that settled on the screen, but still ended up with 1 mini-bubble near the bottom of the screen area.
  • Damn the micro dust particle, OCD triggered and tore it away
#4 - Privacy Tempered Glass
  • after the previous rage attempt, tried out the Privacy SP. no difference in application from UV model thus just reuse all the stuff (e.g. jig, UV light etc)
  • being even more careful this time round, still ended up with a dust bubble near the top. OCD folks beware :ROFLMAO:

Overall, I will say both UV and Privacy models are relatively easy to self-apply.
  • Touch sensitivity setting is off, fingerprint recognition works fine (fingerprints were added prior to SP application).
  • Privacy SP seems to be a slightly bigger fingerprint magnet compared to UV SP, I may be wrong
  • Tip - when using the squeegee tool, apply low pressure otherwise you will press down on the SP too hard and leave a marking on the SP
https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?_u=p28gi5bb1d5c&id=699405168562
I bought this and now one corner and one side lifting up a bit. like the glue never bond properly. or maybe I never install properly.

Will try to buy your brand and try.
 

BiG_FisH

Master Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2004
Messages
3,183
Reaction score
76
Joined
Apr 19, 2018
Messages
491
Reaction score
43
FYI mine is less than 30mins old nia, hard to say whether will lift or not.

now still doing the UV application.

I cannot unsee the dust bubble, see how long I can tahan before I redo a new set. :unsure:
haha mine got a bubble at the bottom right, but can't really see it even when I watching video.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top