Not true. As I said I can delete from the preview mode where you can multiple select. The problem is o ly prevalent in the full screen view mode.
Well I would think that the encryption is the problem right? Since you said that the problem goes away once you decrypt the SD card.
I think that once you open the picture, the encryption software does a temporary decryption into a temp space. Once you close the image, the temp file is deleted. This way your files are protected even though they can be viewed in the Gallery software. But if you choose to delete the file in the full view mode, the software probably fetches the entire file data, decrypts it and then hands the decrypted file data to the file manager which then executes the delete action. This would slow things down considerably and would account for the delay you're experiencing. I think if you measured the time taken, it might probably be similar to decrypting each file individually.
When in preview mode, the Gallery software keeps a thumbnail copy somewhere which it accesses quickly to display your album preview quickly. When you choose to delete the file, since you're not fetching the entire file on view, the file manager may simply be able to delete the entire encrypted file without first deleting it. Hence it's much faster this way lor...
That's my speculation lar... based on what you reported on your experiencing in terms of the speed of deleting the picture files.
Have you tried other picture viewers? I use Quickpic instead of the native Gallery app cos Quickpic is much faster and far more customizable. And it behaves more like a Windows Explorer file manager than the native Gallery app...
Not sure if this helps... but doing what I can bro...