Safe to go Beijing or china?

Innocuous*

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
559
Reaction score
262
https://www.reuters.com/world/china/who-asks-china-details-respiratory-illness-outbreaks-2023-11-23/

Anyone in Beijing? How’s the situation there?

Already bought tickets and hotel in Beijing this Decembers with family and kids. Saw this news and deciding if should go or not.
If you don't feel safe better not go. Holiday is supposed to be fun. I came back from Shanghai last week. Not much different from sg, where the old and weak ones would put on mask while the obviously not feeling ones would generally not wear mask.
 

seanysp

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2006
Messages
37,675
Reaction score
66

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,029
Reaction score
1,918
Memories of Covid and SARS continue to haunt the WHO.
I notice many people falling with respiratory illnesses these 2 weeks. 3 acquaintances have Covid.

Don't go for your vacation there if you are concerned. I am heading to north China in mid-December.
 

rrr2015

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2015
Messages
13,259
Reaction score
4,863
yes exactly.

just contacted a friend. She said its actually trending down like what the earlier post said.
i think get flu vaccine & take precautions should do. rest depend on fate :LOL:
 

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,029
Reaction score
1,918
Yes, 2 weeks before you visit, get the latest seasonal flu vaccine. Mask on at train stations, airports and inflight.
 

Moguls

Suspended
Joined
Oct 25, 2023
Messages
509
Reaction score
162
It is not advisable to go china now.

b4 my trip to China in Oct this yr, I was OK, but after being there for 1 week I started having persistent coughing, shortness of breath, fever and chest pain when coughing. Subsequently I went to see the doctor in China and the doctor diagnosed that I got inflammation of the lung which is usually the result of an infection, I was admitted into the A&E hosipital for 3 days.

throughout my stay at the hospital, I was given IV drips, take medicine, CT - scan, X-rays the doctor prescribed some medication , ART test and made me feel like i am a guinea pig. The medical bill come up to > $1000. after discharge , i was given extra 2 days MC ( see photo)

6sDTr4B.jpg
 

Innocuous*

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
559
Reaction score
262
I went to Beijing last month and Hangzhou+Shanghai this month. Both trips, I noticed many elderly and small kids would put on mask. No different from sg. I brought some masks just in case I need to use them but did not use any. There were some days I had funny feeling in my throat, so I just took Vit C effervescent and have a good night rest. I have travel insurance, so medical bills are more or less covered. Both trips, I came back to sg without the need to see a doctor.

Thanks for the info. So best to wear mask there?
 

fateless

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2005
Messages
2,242
Reaction score
492
It is not advisable to go china now.

b4 my trip to China in Oct this yr, I was OK, but after being there for 1 week I started having persistent coughing, shortness of breath, fever and chest pain when coughing. Subsequently I went to see the doctor in China and the doctor diagnosed that I got inflammation of the lung which is usually the result of an infection, I was admitted into the A&E hosipital for 3 days.

throughout my stay at the hospital, I was given IV drips, take medicine, CT - scan, X-rays the doctor prescribed some medication , ART test and made me feel like i am a guinea pig. The medical bill come up to > $1000. after discharge , i was given extra 2 days MC ( see photo)

6sDTr4B.jpg

Don’t mind can ask which part of china you visit?

From the replies seemed like Heng suay.

Some say not just Beijing is the whole china. Just that smaller province has lesser media coverage.
 

Moguls

Suspended
Joined
Oct 25, 2023
Messages
509
Reaction score
162
Don’t mind can ask which part of china you visit?

From the replies seemed like Heng suay.

Some say not just Beijing is the whole china. Just that smaller province has lesser media coverage.
中山大學附屬第八醫院福田深圳。
note no choice actually I do not wan to go china. cos it seems to me there is no privacy at all you feel you are being monitored whereever you go too many cctv
 

natas

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,241
Reaction score
531
中山大學附屬第八醫院福田深圳。
note no choice actually I do not wan to go china. cos it seems to me there is no privacy at all you feel you are being monitored whereever you go too many cctv

SG also no privacy. If u want privacy, stay home, dun access internet, no mobile, live days of caveman :D

Back to this virus, hopefully China is truthful and transparent... dun be an asxh@le like before.
 

Moguls

Suspended
Joined
Oct 25, 2023
Messages
509
Reaction score
162
SG also no privacy. If u want privacy, stay home, dun access internet, no mobile, live days of caveman :D

Back to this virus, hopefully China is truthful and transparent... dun be an asxh@le like before.
don't be surprised if china Policeman stopped you and checked all your watsapp messages and WeiXin messages
they are a communist country
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top