Samsung Galaxy A53

ThinkMe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Galaxy-A53-white-1.jpeg

Galaxy-A53-7.jpeg

The Galaxy A53 is 8.14mm thick or 9.733mm when taking into account the camera bump, making it slightly slimmer than the Galaxy A52. Notably, the phone also does away with the 3.5mm jack.

Not much is known about the Galaxy A53’s hardware, but a leak from Galaxy Club last month revealed that the phone would pack a 120Hz high refresh rate display and a 64MP primary shooter.

Finally, the leak reveals that Samsung is considering ditching the 4G variant this time around. That means we may only see the Galaxy A53 launch in a single 5G model, unlike the Galaxy A52, which came in both 4G and 5G variants.

We don’t know when Samsung plans to launch the Galaxy A53, but given that the last model came in March, we can expect an official around March or April.

https://www.xda-developers.com/gala...TCXfSoH-2GF1bYprgJo7Jv1QqEoxfN6rRZBvGvAsLMZvE

ThinkMe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The other more notable new bit will be under the hood where rumors point to the unannounced Exynos 1200 chipset at the helm. The chips should offer eight cores in total with two performance ones clocked at 2.4Ghz while the remaining six will work at up to 1.8Ghz speeds. RAM will come in 6 or 8GB varieties while storage will start at 128GB. You’ll still be able to expand via the onboard microSD slot.

In terms of battery, we’re expecting a 5,000 mAh cell with support for 25W wired charging. The baseline 6/128GB trim is expected to launch in Europe with a €460 price tag.

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_ga...in_new_set_of_official_images_-news-53006.php

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Personally, I'd go with the A52s over the A53. The Exynos 1200 is still unknown, but we know the SD778G in the A52s is an excellent performer and has pretty good battery life. We get a bigger battery with the A53, but less RAM too at the entry level.

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Waiting for A53 and A73 official announcement on 17 March 2022 and reach SG before deciding whether to buy A52s as my spare phone or whack the A53.

https://news.samsung.com/global/inv...atizing-the-latest-galaxy-innovations-for-all
From what I recall reading, the A73 is using Snapdragon but a slower chip compared to the 778G in the A52s.

Many shops are now selling the A52s for $440 or less BN. It's a hard bargain. Have started to see the A52s models going as low as $300 on Carousell (that sold very quickly before I could buy it. :s13: ). While there are sellers with the older A52 (non -s) still hoping to get $400 for their phones. :(

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From what I recall reading, the A73 is using Snapdragon but a slower chip compared to the 778G in the A52s.

Many shops are now selling the A52s for $440 or less BN. It's a hard bargain. Have started to see the A52s models going as low as $300 on Carousell (that sold very quickly before I could buy it. :s13: ). While there are sellers with the older A52 (non -s) still hoping to get $400 for their phones. :(
In the end I bought the 8GB/128GB variant.

Don’t want to wait for A53 as it’s rumoured to be 5nm Samsung foundry Exynos 1200/1280, perhaps maybe is Samsung cost cutting method to put a slightly lower spec chip and it’s in-house definitely cheaper than Qualcomm based on Geekbench results compare to 6nm TSMC foundry Qualcomm SD778G.

Based on leaked A53 comes with 6GB/128GB and 8GB/256GB, no 3.5mm jack, no charger too and as for A73 rumoured to be the same SD778G use on A52s though which show that the chip is better as they put on their highest tier A series. Let’s see if the leaked were correct on 17 March A series unpacked event.

Last edited:

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
In the end I bought the 8GB/128GB variant.

Don’t want to wait for A53 as it’s rumoured to be 5nm Samsung foundry Exynos 1200/1280, perhaps maybe is Samsung cost cutting method to put a slightly lower spec chip and it’s in-house definitely cheaper than Qualcomm based on Geekbench results compare to 6nm TSMC foundry Qualcomm SD778G.

Based on leaked A53 comes with 6GB/128GB and 8GB/256GB, no 3.5mm jack, no charger too and as for A73 rumoured to be the same SD778G use on A52s though which show that the chip is better as they put on their highest tier A series. Let’s see if the leaked were correct on 17 March A series unpacked event.
Gotta see. A lot of leaks state the SD750G is the one seen in the A73. We'll have to wait until Friday to know.

https://www.pocket-lint.com/phones/...a73-rumours-specs-features-release-date-priceSamMobile also says SD750G. :(
https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-a73-53-33-23-specifications-leak/
https://www.91mobiles.com/hub/samsung-galaxy-a53-a73-march-17-event/
In any case, let's hope the A73 makes it to the Singapore market. I think the A72 wasn't popular - haven't seen that in Singapore. It might kill sales of the FE, so Samsung Singapore could withhold that model too. The A52s was pretty popular, all things considered.

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The A33 looks tempting as a spare phone if the price is right. IP67 is unheard of at this price range

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
The A33 looks tempting as a spare phone if the price is right. IP67 is unheard of at this price range
I was thinking the same. Depending on the processor, it might be an excellent choice for a work (2nd) phone, especially if it stays in the $300-ish street price range.

Rumours are both have the same Exynos 1280, which makes the A53 poorer value since it won't have much else to differentiate it from the A33.

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the same. Depending on the processor, it might be an excellent choice for a work (2nd) phone, especially if it stays in the $300-ish street price range.

Rumours are both have the same Exynos 1280, which makes the A53 poorer value since it won't have much else to differentiate it from the A33.
Yeah. I think the a73 is the true replacement for the a52s. Last year we didn't get the a72 in Singapore. I think because the specs for the 5g version were almost identical

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Yeah. I think the a73 is the true replacement for the a52s. Last year we didn't get the a72 in Singapore. I think because the specs for the 5g version were almost identical
Now Samsung has done the Oppo/Realme thing. :(

I remember a few models in the past few years where the replacement "newer" models were worse than the older models they meant to replace. One that comes to mind is the Realme 6 vs Realme 7.

To be very fair, that SD778G is an excellent performing processor with pretty good power consumption too. It's hard to beat that kind of performance in a $400-ish phone that has a nice 120Hz AMOLED Gorilla Glass 5 display, and it can comfortably last 1.5 days. All very good reasons why the A52s is superb value for consumers even when compared against this year's Ax3 models.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.