Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830

abcd0_12340

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2009
Messages
1,344
Reaction score
0
Any owners here?Is it good?


Personally used it before at the roadshow, seems like the smaller version of the SGS, with 2.2.1 out of the box, a smaller (LCD) screen and a 800MHz Processor. Can have a go on one of the sets available at the NEX roadshow. :)
 

Hanwudi

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2003
Messages
989
Reaction score
14
how does the galaxy ace compare to LG optimus one and motorola defy? what are the rpos and cons?
 

Slowdown

Master Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2003
Messages
3,620
Reaction score
896
Bought this for my daughter today. Still charging.

So far the phone feel liked most typical Android phone. Did not detect lag when surfing the internet using WIFI. No 3G as I want to restrict her access. Paid 148 because we took the lowest plan (25.xx per month) with Singtel.

Placed a divx movie into the phone and found that there aren't any default movie player (or maybe I did not look hard enuf). Downloaded a player from market place but it did not work. As the phone is still charging I do not want to use it too much.

At this point in time I did not find any particular fault with the phone. It is a good basic phone and the screen is pretty good. My daughter liked it and I hope the phone won't give problem later (as I am always overseas).
 

Hanwudi

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2003
Messages
989
Reaction score
14
Bought this for my daughter today. Still charging.

So far the phone feel liked most typical Android phone. Did not detect lag when surfing the internet using WIFI. No 3G as I want to restrict her access. Paid 148 because we took the lowest plan (25.xx per month) with Singtel.

Placed a divx movie into the phone and found that there aren't any default movie player (or maybe I did not look hard enuf). Downloaded a player from market place but it did not work. As the phone is still charging I do not want to use it too much.

At this point in time I did not find any particular fault with the phone. It is a good basic phone and the screen is pretty good. My daughter liked it and I hope the phone won't give problem later (as I am always overseas).

thanks for the info.

is your phone black or white in color? does the back cover come in matt or shiny finishing? bcos i saw a black demo set is matt surface but a white demo set is shiny surface.
 

Slowdown

Master Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2003
Messages
3,620
Reaction score
896
They only have white shiny surface for the back cover now.

thanks for the info.

is your phone black or white in color? does the back cover come in matt or shiny finishing? bcos i saw a black demo set is matt surface but a white demo set is shiny surface.
 

Slowdown

Master Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2003
Messages
3,620
Reaction score
896
Anyone can recommend a movie player for this phone. No such player out of the box. I tried a avi movie about 700mb but one of the application I downloaded from market place does not work.
 

freakinclown

Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2008
Messages
398
Reaction score
0
Hi,

Is there a ear piece which comes with the phone? Cuz from what I see from singtelshop.com, there's no earpiece that comes with it.
 

the_dog

High Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2004
Messages
31,539
Reaction score
21,625
Hi,

Is there a ear piece which comes with the phone? Cuz from what I see from singtelshop.com, there's no earpiece that comes with it.

Yes there is a earpiece in the box. I just got mine today at the NEX roadshow. :D
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top