Samsung Galaxy J7+

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2005
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
183
This set was launched yesterday, anyone eyeing it?

I was waiting for it to be available here, then realized although it improved on the J7 Pro in some areas, it also got downgraded in other areas. Really sad Samsung can't do a direct upgrade of the J7 Pro with this model.

The downgrades are no NFC, no MST, battery dropped from 3600 mAh to 3000 mAh.

CPU wise not sure how much faster than J7 Pro, I think only slightly faster?

So, now can't decide to get J7 Pro at $100 cheaper or this new model with above downgraded spec.

Btw, anyone know if the J7 Pro is it faster than the Note 3? I'm currently using it and apart from an older version of OS and f2.x versus f1.7 camera opening, the Note 3 actually had a faster CPU.
 

xiaopiggy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2002
Messages
10,140
Reaction score
0
Hi bro!

I was exactly in the same scenario as you. Using Note3 previously and I upgraded to J7Pro.

Though J7+ has a better camera, running on MTK Helios P20 processor but the batt life is 3000mAh compared to J7Pro which is 3600mAh. I am not sure how much faster is J7+ but for the price of a J7Pro, I won't complain a single word about it.

Comparing to Note 3, running on Andriod 7.0 its definitely much smoother. Not just that, the camera is better in capturing speed. Front camera is definitely a major upgrade. In terms of screen, the Note3 is still an upper hand but its really minor differences. Overall, the price justifies what you buy. It's really up to what you are looking for.

:)
 

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2005
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
183
Hi bro!

I was exactly in the same scenario as you. Using Note3 previously and I upgraded to J7Pro.

Though J7+ has a better camera, running on MTK Helios P20 processor but the batt life is 3000mAh compared to J7Pro which is 3600mAh. I am not sure how much faster is J7+ but for the price of a J7Pro, I won't complain a single word about it.

Comparing to Note 3, running on Andriod 7.0 its definitely much smoother. Not just that, the camera is better in capturing speed. Front camera is definitely a major upgrade. In terms of screen, the Note3 is still an upper hand but its really minor differences. Overall, the price justifies what you buy. It's really up to what you are looking for.

:)

Hi, thanks for the update!

Indeed, I've tried the 7pro cam at the shops and it's more responsive than my Note3, though I thought it may also have to do with the fact that I've loaded lots of stuff in it.

Quality wise i think the Note3 had a slight edge, took same pic with demo set and my Note3 and noticed the latter had slightly better quality, provided the area is bright enough & my hands aren't shaky. :)

Looks like my company is sponsoring my mobile plan upgrade so now l'm looking at the high end phones.

My new question now is S8 or S7 Edge? Is the S8 good enough to make up the price diff of $240 (singtel combo 3)?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top