Samsung Galaxy S2 (Non-camera)

lancer6238

Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2006
Messages
240
Reaction score
6
Hi all,

I'm interested in the Samsung Galaxy S2 (non-camera) smartphone. From the specs I found, it seems to have 16GB of internal storage, which is great because I want to use it mainly as a MP3 player.

From some of the posts I've read here on non-camera phones, is M1 the only place I can get the S2? And do I have to call, order online, or walk into any M1 shop to purchase it? What is the price and do I have to open a new line with M1/sign a contract to buy the phone? I'm a SingTel customer now, and as far as possible, I want to continue using my SingTel number.

Lastly, does M1 give any cert/documentation to certify that the phone is non-camera?

Thanks!
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,287
Reaction score
420
at the moment, only cert given is for huawei honor hp, not s2.. gotta wait long long till dey release non-cam ver.
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,287
Reaction score
420
I thought there already is a non-camera version (not natively, they removed the camera, I believe)?

MSD or SAF do not allow self removed cameras hp, even if its from telco.. you must hav those non-cam manufactured hp, that comes w/o a cam by itselfs, w/o any modifications. so only choices now would be M1's ip4 and huawei honor with the cert.
 

silencer22

Senior Member
Joined
May 1, 2006
Messages
1,791
Reaction score
1
*sigh* Guess I'll have to wait and see if S2 would be allowed. Thanks!
s2 non-camera is already out, it will not go on sale on the website
it would be similar to the previous non-camera ip4 by m1, the camera is removed n endorsed by m1

u can call 1633 to make the order
u will need to get a line from m1, either port ur singtel line over or get a new line wif them
 

lancer6238

Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2006
Messages
240
Reaction score
6
s2 non-camera is already out, it will not go on sale on the website
it would be similar to the previous non-camera ip4 by m1, the camera is removed n endorsed by m1

u can call 1633 to make the order
u will need to get a line from m1, either port ur singtel line over or get a new line wif them
Thanks for the info!
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,287
Reaction score
420
there is a difference between manufactured non-cam hp and self-removed cam hp. best is to check with your unit.
 

happily1986

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2007
Messages
1,192
Reaction score
110
MSD or SAF do not allow self removed cameras hp, even if its from telco.. you must hav those non-cam manufactured hp, that comes w/o a cam by itselfs, w/o any modifications. so only choices now would be M1's ip4 and huawei honor with the cert.

The latest GOM in force does not say that hor. In fact the GOM mentioned that camera must be done by the local telcos and come attached with a cert of removal among other things.
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,287
Reaction score
420
The latest GOM in force does not say that hor. In fact the GOM mentioned that camera must be done by the local telcos and come attached with a cert of removal among other things.

ouh.. so they have changed the rules again? last that i heard was that only manufactured non-cam hps are allowed, not even telco-removed. but since now that is allowed, can go get S2 wif removal liao.
 

omarnasri

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2012
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
iirc, latest by mindef is only telco-removed or manufacture-removed camera phones are allowed. For telco-removed, one has to bring along the letter from telco to your USO for approval. once approved, will be given a MSD sticker
 

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2000
Messages
43,150
Reaction score
43
haiz....dunno when again those itchy backsides will change their rules again and again and again.... :(
 

Cumzilla

Master Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2002
Messages
3,365
Reaction score
216
haiz....dunno when again those itchy backsides will change their rules again and again and again.... :(

din know now so onz the ballz, was asked to empty my pocket by the guards, usually will just like u go in if u tell them no phone
 

shawnlee3010

Junior Member
Joined
May 18, 2010
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Camera Removed by telco allowed

But not only do you need the certs by the telco, you need a sticker from your Unit's Security Officer. If i'm not wrong, they're in high demand.

Camera removal is only for sign up of new plan/renew plan with the telcos.

Also, max screen size allowed is 4.3", thats why only the S2 has camera removal services, not the S3 or the One X.

This is all for mindef only though.
 

cowfart

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2007
Messages
2,146
Reaction score
1
IS the normal unmodified Galaxy s2 (i9100) even on sale by M1 anymore? I can't find it on the website :s22:
 

doggiegal

Junior Member
Joined
May 29, 2012
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Sale of Samsung S2

I've have a brand new S2 for sale. Just delivered today. I can sell at retail price with $49 camera removal fee.

Interested parties, please PM me.

Thanks.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top