Samsung Galaxy S7 Active

LawrenceK

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I'm thinking of buying the new Samsung Galaxy S7 Active.

It's practical and functional, and I would probably get my friends to hand carry it back for me since they're there on holiday.

Does anyone have any experience with unlocking service provider locked phones? In this case, the S7 Active is exclusive to AT&T only.

Thank you in advance for your input.
 

tjrsasea

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2016
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
3
I'm thinking of buying the new Samsung Galaxy S7 Active.

It's practical and functional, and I would probably get my friends to hand carry it back for me since they're there on holiday.

Does anyone have any experience with unlocking service provider locked phones? In this case, the S7 Active is exclusive to AT&T only.

Thank you in advance for your input.

No experience. But just go to youtube search "how to unlock _________ (your phone)" cmf have videos about it. I've watched many before. Most of the time just need to go to a website, pay money so that they can send the code for you to unlock. But best if you can buy unlocked lah save the trouble.

Even if unlocked it may not work in SG cos ATNT and SG might use diff LTE/network bands. Performance for network speeds may not be that good even if it works. So you need to go research on what bands is on the SGS7 Active and what bands SG use :)
 

lacrimosae

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2001
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Thank you so much for the info.

I've searched for info on unlocking but have so far only found the videos that you have mentioned. They all purportedly sell a service to unlock the phone. I don't know how reliable those are.

Yes, those concerns are very real, and I'm also concerned about security updates.

I think I'll wait a little longer until there's more literature on unlocking the S7 Active before purchasing one.

But the tougher screen, the ruggedized shell and plastic back instead of glass, the function button, tactile buttons next to the Home key, fingerprint sensor, and that 4000mAh battery.... Mmmmmm yummy
 

tjrsasea

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2016
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
3
Thank you so much for the info.

I've searched for info on unlocking but have so far only found the videos that you have mentioned. They all purportedly sell a service to unlock the phone. I don't know how reliable those are.

Yes, those concerns are very real, and I'm also concerned about security updates.

I think I'll wait a little longer until there's more literature on unlocking the S7 Active before purchasing one.

But the tougher screen, the ruggedized shell and plastic back instead of glass, the function button, tactile buttons next to the Home key, fingerprint sensor, and that 4000mAh battery.... Mmmmmm yummy

Yeah.. all the features/specs plus larger battery for the same price. If only its international and not just restricted to ATNT haha! The sites should be quite reliable bah cos many people tried and promote it. Anws, all the best on getting your hands on the SGS7 Active hehe :D
 

lacrimosae

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2001
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Thank you! If I do get it I will update you guys...

If the unlocking fails, you guys get to hear all about it too... haha
 

kosetsuhyaku

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2011
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
if im not mistaken the s7 active should support singapore LTE bands right? ive seen in online spec sheets that it supports LTE band 8 (LTE900) which according to singtel's website, they do support
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top