Samsung galaxy s7 edge touchscreen died..

chevalier88

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2012
Messages
1,761
Reaction score
0
Samung Galaxy S6 Edge touchscreen died..

Hey guys, today my touchscreen died while I was having lunch.

My touchscreen is no longer..responsive..whatever I press it wont work..

I can only force restart by holding the buttons..but can never power off it..

Anyone have any DIY solutions to this?

Thanks in advance..
 
Last edited:

Jackygogogo

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2005
Messages
54,687
Reaction score
1
get a otg cable n connect a mouse see can detect anot.
work ard to achieve what, power off?
 
Last edited:

chevalier88

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2012
Messages
1,761
Reaction score
0
get a otg cable n connect a mouse see can detect anot.
work ard to achieve what, power off?


gotta get one otg cable to try then.,.

but even if it does work..no point for me since i've no important data inside i wanna retrieve..Guess my best bet is to get an iphone 7?
 
Last edited:

mun

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,557
Reaction score
109
shld send in your phone to service centre for repair since it is hardware failure - unresponsive touchscreen and covered under warranty.
 

fatangel

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2013
Messages
8,906
Reaction score
394
gotta get one otg cable to try then.,.

but even if it does work..no point for me since i've no important data inside i wanna retrieve..Guess my best bet is to get an iphone 7?

Chey. The thread is to get iPhone la.
 

chevalier88

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2012
Messages
1,761
Reaction score
0
shld send in your phone to service centre for repair since it is hardware failure - unresponsive touchscreen and covered under warranty.

Yesterday.. I actually went to the service center at Plaza Sing. Had to say it was a very unpleasant experience for me because.. I had to wait for more than 4 hours to talk to the person in charge of repairing.. Thus.. when its my turn...I ranted to the person serving me about the wait..and she replied..the wait is normal nowadays due to the release of note 7.

In the end.. I didn't send in for repair because..the glass cover at the back of my phone is cracked.. so if want to repair, need to pay for a new back..which cost about 100 + she said. Then she also mentioned motherboard also might have issue..if want repair might cost about 300+ to 400. Therefore she asked me to consider getting a new phone instead of repairing it.

P.S My GALAXY S6 Edge has no more warranty..Bought it last year around May when it just released.
 
Last edited:

chevalier88

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2012
Messages
1,761
Reaction score
0
Chey. The thread is to get iPhone la.

No la...this my second Samsung phone.. Prior to this.. I was using S4. S4 motherboard had also died on me before my contract could end..

Thus, I totally gave up on Samsung phones.

Furthermore..what really turns me off is the waiting time at their service center..so many people queuing up for repairs.. And the waiting time is no joke..

Just imagine sitting down there for 4-5 hours..waiting to be served.. Especially if your phone had "died" You.. wouldn't be able to receive any SMS notification..from samsung center regarding the queue..
 
Last edited:

fatangel

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2013
Messages
8,906
Reaction score
394
Yesterday.. I actually went to the service center at Plaza Sing. Had to say it was a very unpleasant experience for me because.. I had to wait for more than 4 hours to talk to the person in charge of repairing.. Thus.. when its my turn...I ranted to the person serving me about the wait..and she replied..the wait is normal nowadays due to the release of note 7.

In the end.. I didn't send in for repair because..the glass cover at the back of my phone is cracked.. so if want to repair, need to pay for a new back..which cost about 100 + she said. Then she also mentioned motherboard also might have issue..if want repair might cost about 300+ to 400. Therefore she asked me to consider getting a new phone instead of repairing it.

P.S My GALAXY S6 Edge has no more warranty..Bought it last year around May when it just released.

So is S6 Edge or S7 Edge?
 

WhiteAnt

Banned
Joined
Jul 24, 2013
Messages
42,129
Reaction score
2,436
:eek: s6e screen not responsive

S4 mb died

Seems like I may really have to reconsider getting s7e le :( :(

Why Samsung so many qc issues!!!
 

mokseng

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2013
Messages
30,890
Reaction score
27
If u want u can probably get it fixed up at a 3rd party shop. It'll be cheaper. But u seem like give up on samsung, den change new phone lo.
 

limz_777

Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2006
Messages
296
Reaction score
0
Yesterday.. I actually went to the service center at Plaza Sing. Had to say it was a very unpleasant experience for me because.. I had to wait for more than 4 hours to talk to the person in charge of repairing.. Thus.. when its my turn...I ranted to the person serving me about the wait..and she replied..the wait is normal nowadays due to the release of note 7.

In the end.. I didn't send in for repair because..the glass cover at the back of my phone is cracked.. so if want to repair, need to pay for a new back..which cost about 100 + she said. Then she also mentioned motherboard also might have issue..if want repair might cost about 300+ to 400. Therefore she asked me to consider getting a new phone instead of repairing it.

P.S My GALAXY S6 Edge has no more warranty..Bought it last year around May when it just released.


how come back cover cracked ? you drop the phone badly ?
 

DFR6868

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2008
Messages
5,619
Reaction score
115
No la...this my second Samsung phone.. Prior to this.. I was using S4. S4 motherboard had also died on me before my contract could end..

Thus, I totally gave up on Samsung phones.

Furthermore..what really turns me off is the waiting time at their service center..so many people queuing up for repairs.. And the waiting time is no joke..

Just imagine sitting down there for 4-5 hours..waiting to be served.. Especially if your phone had "died" You.. wouldn't be able to receive any SMS notification..from samsung center regarding the queue..

To avoid long queueing, you have to use their app to book appointment time. Then waiting time is under 30 mins. They seem to discourage walk ins at plaza singapura centre by telling people the wait time and that they should use the app to book an appointment.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top