Teo Ming Ern
Arch-Supremacy Member
- Joined
- Jan 1, 2000
- Messages
- 12,329
- Reaction score
- 293
Anyone knows the ETA for Lollipop for Samsung phones?
Tiagong we are getting lolipop 5.0.1 instead of lolipop 5
The 5.0.1 is bug free comapre to 5 with battery issue etc, so no point getting...

agreed. lollipop is a super battery draining OS update.Lollipop has bad memory leakages and is a battery draining OS. At least this is what most Nexus6 users tend to say or think,including myself.
Also Samsung mod the lollipop to touchwiz until it doesn't even look like lollipop but more like KitKat with slight modification.
agreed. lollipop is a super battery draining OS update.
hope samsung release an update w/o those bugs. on my nexus 5 its like -_____-'''
I wonder if the UI in other phones say HTC or LG are as battery draining.If you use stock factory version of lollipop released by Samsung, it will be draining. The problem is not with lollipop itself. It's touchwiz, the OS full of preloaded bloatware and crap.
I am rooted on my S5 lollipop rom. Phone flies, battery life is wonderful (much better than kit kat)
I wonder if the UI in other phones say HTC or LG are as battery draining.
Love everything about the Edge except the battery. When watching videos you can literally see the battery draining by the second!
Hopefully they will fix the recent apps lagg, make this phone the speed demon it's suppose to be
That alone makes HTC sound like a good choice. Plus I'm getting sick of people placing speakers at the bottom or worst, facing the back.I'm not sure about LG, but HTC's sense 6 is already pretty much scaled down as compared to the 2009s. Sense is now light weight and doesn't eat too much into battery life. Less bloatware than touchwiz

That alone makes HTC sound like a good choice. Plus I'm getting sick of people placing speakers at the bottom or worst, facing the back.
Perhaps my next phone will be a HTC. I just hope the transfer process has been refined. Was told if I go to PlayStore I can see all my apps and they will auto download.
I saw the apps alright but nothing autodownloaded. Had to download one by one manually. Nearly died!