Samsung no Exchange Policy??? Problem with Note 4

bankir

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2006
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
I have had my Note 4 for less than a year and for some strange reason, it keeps on freezing up and restarting by itself. Even right after the "Factory Reset" (Hard Reset), it is still doing that.

I'm not sure what the problem is, I have selectively installed the application and it keeps restarting by itself even when I don't use it.

A lot of times, it just won't wake up from being idle. Unless I pulled out the battery.

I dun think it is because of Lollipop because it was running ok for 2 weeks after running Lollipop. But who knows? Sometimes it does say "Touchwiz isn't responding" and sometimes it just freezes and unresponsive for a couple of seconds (> 10 seconds)

I have searched in google for solutions but nobody seems to be having the same issue with Note 4. Everybody is happy happy with theirs. I'm starting to think that it is a hardware problem.

I called up Samsung and they told me to take it to the service center. Which Service Center do you reckon has the fastest turn around with the brightest technician? Can u advise?

And what's with their no exchange policy? thought Apple has the exchange policy but not Samsung?
 

seller4

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
15,756
Reaction score
41
I have had my Note 4 for less than a year and for some strange reason, it keeps on freezing up and restarting by itself. Even right after the "Factory Reset" (Hard Reset), it is still doing that.

I'm not sure what the problem is, I have selectively installed the application and it keeps restarting by itself even when I don't use it.

A lot of times, it just won't wake up from being idle. Unless I pulled out the battery.

I dun think it is because of Lollipop because it was running ok for 2 weeks after running Lollipop. But who knows? Sometimes it does say "Touchwiz isn't responding" and sometimes it just freezes and unresponsive for a couple of seconds (> 10 seconds)

I have searched in google for solutions but nobody seems to be having the same issue with Note 4. Everybody is happy happy with theirs. I'm starting to think that it is a hardware problem.

I called up Samsung and they told me to take it to the service center. Which Service Center do you reckon has the fastest turn around with the brightest technician? Can u advise?

And what's with their no exchange policy? thought Apple has the exchange policy but not Samsung?
I find Samsung Service Center at Marina Square has the least people. They get things done quite fast.

Samsung repairs your phone. They don't give you a refurbished phone like Apple.
 

Some-one

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
52,831
Reaction score
3,805
I just repaired my phone in their commonwealth service centre. Next day ready liao. Maybe can try there?
 

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2000
Messages
21,732
Reaction score
133
I have had my Note 4 for less than a year and for some strange reason, it keeps on freezing up and restarting by itself. Even right after the "Factory Reset" (Hard Reset), it is still doing that.

I'm not sure what the problem is, I have selectively installed the application and it keeps restarting by itself even when I don't use it.

A lot of times, it just won't wake up from being idle. Unless I pulled out the battery.

I dun think it is because of Lollipop because it was running ok for 2 weeks after running Lollipop. But who knows? Sometimes it does say "Touchwiz isn't responding" and sometimes it just freezes and unresponsive for a couple of seconds (> 10 seconds)

I have searched in google for solutions but nobody seems to be having the same issue with Note 4. Everybody is happy happy with theirs. I'm starting to think that it is a hardware problem.

I called up Samsung and they told me to take it to the service center. Which Service Center do you reckon has the fastest turn around with the brightest technician? Can u advise?

And what's with their no exchange policy? thought Apple has the exchange policy but not Samsung?

Apple always exchange with re con set. Why not just send in for repair?
 
Last edited:

Lucky177

Master Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2002
Messages
4,310
Reaction score
99
Highly doubt they will exchange one for u. Just send in for repair.
 

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
39,097
Reaction score
13
Apple gives u a reconditioned set i.e. a repaired set. So whats the diff? No one will give u a brand new phone.
 

big guy

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
67
Reaction score
0
hi,just share my experience hope it will be useful info.
1) A fake micro sd card can cause that to happend (try use samsung class 10 sd card)or don used sd card if it solve yur problem
2) Some apps is not compatible with lolipop and need to update.
 

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Dec 15, 2012
Messages
36,431
Reaction score
3,250
I find Samsung Service Center at Marina Square has the least people. They get things done quite fast.

Samsung repairs your phone. They don't give you a refurbished phone like Apple.

I believe that iphones now are also being serviced than exchanged.
I also have had good experiences with the Service Ctr at Marina Square - sent it on a friday morning for a screen replacement and got it back at approximately 3pm the same day.

However yours maybe a more serious problem or a problem that requires further diagnostics.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top