Samsung Note 3 S-View Cover Usage/Issues etc

selleron

Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2005
Messages
364
Reaction score
0
Hi,

Recently I purchased a Note 3 S-View cover. I am not sure whether it is faulty or I dunno how to use it. Therefore, I started the tread to help consolidate advice or usage issues as the Notes 3 accessories thread is super long to browse thru.

Issues I encounter when using the S-View closed:
1. The screen blanks off after abt 3s and I am unable set the time-out
2. I am unable to activate the screen again by tapping on the glass. (I need to open/close the cover) to activate the screen. Power button doesn't activate the screen too,
3. I am unable to tap on Notifications to activate them ie. Whatsapp, email etc
4. Notifications doesn't activate the screen too. I only hear the alert sounds.

Note : my screen is unlocked, set to time out at 1min, S-View activated in settings>general>accessory.

Did I missed out something in the settings? Anyone has issue activating the screen in closed position? Please advise?
Thank you.
 

trd2970

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2004
Messages
8,626
Reaction score
230
There's a 3 or 4 pin gold connector on the inside of the s view back cover that connects to the note 3 body (near the battery area). Check if this gold connector is loose or dirty. Seems like a connection problem.
 

Jhyun

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
5,764
Reaction score
16
There's a 3 or 4 pin gold connector on the inside of the s view back cover that connects to the note 3 body (near the battery area). Check if this gold connector is loose or dirty. Seems like a connection problem.

This connector comes off easily. Took a closer look and found that there's no cables attached to the case at all... I'm guessing you can buy oem china S-View and just attach the chip onto it and the S-View function may work?
 

trd2970

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2004
Messages
8,626
Reaction score
230
This connector comes off easily. Took a closer look and found that there's no cables attached to the case at all... I'm guessing you can buy oem china S-View and just attach the chip onto it and the S-View function may work?
Guess so. Any idea where to buy the chip?
 

Jhyun

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
5,764
Reaction score
16
Sadly no... unless you want to use the one that comes with the original S-View.
 

berzy

Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2002
Messages
487
Reaction score
0
Sadly no... unless you want to use the one that comes with the original S-View.

Just came back from China. They already start selling sview cover. Got 1 for myself. Works as good as the original. Think will be hitting our shore soon.
 

cspotato

Master Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2006
Messages
4,231
Reaction score
5
i was at KL last weekend... one of the Samsung store in Sunway Pyramid is already selling the Baseus S View cover which works like the original... but i do not quite like the colour so did not get that and got my orange s view instead...
 

jason

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
15,080
Reaction score
1
Just came back from China. They already start selling sview cover. Got 1 for myself. Works as good as the original. Think will be hitting our shore soon.

I bought China S view from Batam .. it comes with chips as well and the price is 1/2 cheaper from SG Original price.
 

marchy8

Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2007
Messages
441
Reaction score
0
What is the different between original s view cover compare to those oem or rather fake s view cover.price is alot different but just wanna compare the features.
 

fabianlau

High Supremacy Member
Joined
May 2, 2008
Messages
35,229
Reaction score
101
Just bought from jb ..can work like original s view..same all same..half the price..just the chip it matters, gotten brown s view
 

tlh107

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
808
Reaction score
3,081
EF-TN900 or EF-CN900
what do you have?
my is EF-CN900BUEGWW

some say it have wireless charging ? which one ?
my EF-CN900 box does not say about wireless charging.
 

WAR10CK

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2008
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Hi sinmarket.

May i know the above product does the Samsung Note 3 S cover comes with the chip?

i hope i wont get cheated again if i were to buy from sinmarket
 

Umbrella Corporation

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2013
Messages
687
Reaction score
0
Bought 1 too from Taiwan . After convert abt SGD$30 . Exactly the same as original .

But 1 thing I noticed is : Sometimes the S-View doesn't work , like open the cover liao , the screen still off . Or open the cover , my screen only displayed the window size only . Lol . Well , cant complain much for the price . Not sure originals have this issue anot ..
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top