Samsung Note 4 unable to install device in PC

13nc13ryan

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2011
Messages
6,873
Reaction score
10
Hi, I bought a Samsung Note 4 yesterday and I tried connecting to my PC but it keeps showing installation fail. I tried the USB settings and stuffs but still cant. How do I fix it? Thanks!
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
Hi, I bought a Samsung Note 4 yesterday and I tried connecting to my PC but it keeps showing installation fail. I tried the USB settings and stuffs but still cant. How do I fix it? Thanks!

I think you do not have the required drivers. Its either you install Android File Transfer or you download Kies 3. Only one of these software CAN exist in your computer at once.

if all things fail, you may need to visit your Device Manager and uninstall any associated device related to your phone..
 

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
12,329
Reaction score
293
I just plugged my Note 4 in. No problem. Probably a specific problem to your phone. My Galaxy S4 used to exhibit this problem... it will be randomly be detected on my computers, both my work laptop and home desktop have this issue.
 

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
12,329
Reaction score
293
Look for the USB ADB drivers on your computer. If they aren't present, you have to install them. One easy way is to install Samsung Kies software. It will automatically install the necessary USB drivers for you. After which you can uninstall the software if you don't like it. Or you can just leave it alone and not use it... my preference is to use the phone like a USB flash drive on my computer when I need access to the phone's memory.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top