Samsung Note 7 vs S7 Edge Screen

chaddeus

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
7,763
Reaction score
0
Since I got a S7 Edge (second), I just notice a slight difference between the screen color on the Note 7 and S7 Edge.

The Note 7 seems to be more WHITE while the S7 Edge more blue-ish. Note sure if my S7 is the problem or that is just how it is,

Anyone can do a slight comparison?

Click link below to see the photo
Samsung%20Screen%20Compare.jpg
 
Last edited:

Psycovirus

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2007
Messages
1,789
Reaction score
381
It is just software control. Go to Settings -> Display -> Screen Mode and play around to reduce blueness...
 

chaddeus

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
7,763
Reaction score
0
It is just software control. Go to Settings -> Display -> Screen Mode and play around to reduce blueness...
They are both set to Adaptive Display. Even if I change to other mode, and play around with brightness, the S7 Edge seems to be more blue-ish

SUrely someone here has the Note 7 and S7 Edge that can compare and feedback the result

- Charles
 

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Dec 15, 2012
Messages
36,427
Reaction score
3,248
Some displays are in general warmer while others are towards the cool end of the temperature spectrum.

This is due to differences in manufacturers, production batches and sometimes are even calibrated as such.

Wouldn't worry too much about it!

Unless it's exceptionally cool (maybe you could possibly take a photo and show it to us over here?)

Cheers
 

chaddeus

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
7,763
Reaction score
0
Some displays are in general warmer while others are towards the cool end of the temperature spectrum.

This is due to differences in manufacturers, production batches and sometimes are even calibrated as such.

Wouldn't worry too much about it!

Unless it's exceptionally cool (maybe you could possibly take a photo and show it to us over here?)

Cheers

Samsung%20Screen%20Compare.jpg


So what do you think? I dont think I will notice it if I don't compare side by side

- Charles
 

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
12,328
Reaction score
291
Making these screens are not an exact science despite many advances... so there will be differences in the brightness and colour of the screen.
 

Sidler

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2001
Messages
1,207
Reaction score
294
I have the same experience.
I changed S7Edge to AMOLED Photos. it's a little warmer, but still not as warm at N7.
N7 screen is still nicer, better colours at similar brightness.

Stopped using N7 for a few days and I don't notice it anymore.
 

crntbs

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2004
Messages
747
Reaction score
0
copied from tech radar

"Exclusive to the Galaxy Note 7 is Mobile HDR, which shows brighter colors and deeper blacks, according to Samsung."
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top