Samsung poorly designed AC DC adaptor

  • Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mental Health Helpline: 6389-2222 (24 hours) More info

maxinger

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2007
Messages
754
Reaction score
8
Be careful if you have Samsung AC DC adaptor

model no: EP TA 700,
12 V 2.1A

the junction between the cable and 3 pin plug ( to the wall socket )
is poorly designed; there is stress concentration point and the junction can break easily.
So if you have it, better use some electrical tape and reinforce the junction.

Most other adaptors are well designed; they have reinforcement at the junction to eliminate stress concentration.



the adaptor plug ( to the Samsung device ) is not standard.
I have some spare ac dc adaptor and I couldn't use it for the Samsung device
as it appears Samsung use a different plug standard.

Anyone manage to find replacement for Samsung ac dc adaptor?
I definitely want to get different brand and with reinforced junction.
 
Last edited:

oneboy

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2004
Messages
8,935
Reaction score
12
It's not the charge adapter spoil.. once you use iPad adapter to charge your phone I think your phone will make your regular charging wonky cos it thinks u not using original. Even after u use back your Samsung adapter will have problem. This is just my baseless guess though. I have a Samsung adapter that won't charge properly ever since I went to friend house and plug my cable into his iPad adapter.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top