Samsung S22+ slow charging

blurpandasg2014

Reaction score
Just got the s22+ and realised that charging can take up to 5hrs and not even full. Tried same cable on my other Samsung phone, no issue with charging.

It happens randomly. Anyone also experienced such charging issue?

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just got the s22+ and realised that charging can take up to 5hrs and not even full. Tried same cable on my other Samsung phone, no issue with charging.

It happens randomly. Anyone also experienced such charging issue?

What charger are you using? If you are using a samsung charger. Take a photo and post it here.

blurpandasg2014

Reaction score
What charger are you using? If you are using a samsung charger. Take a photo and post it here.
Nope not Samsung charger. I'm using Anker PowerPort 5 40W 5-Port USB Charger with Samsung USB A to C cable.

So far no issues with all other phones except s22+ which I find weird

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nope not Samsung charger. I'm using Anker PowerPort 5 40W 5-Port USB Charger with Samsung USB A to C cable.

So far no issues with all other phones except s22+ which I find weird

Definitely not gonna charge fast. Name your other samsung device. I am sure your samsung devices are the older fast charging protocol.

A to C will limit to only 10w charging on that charger which will translate to 5hrs. Cause that charger does not have the latest charging protocol that the current generations of samsung devices requires. Which is PD PPS.

There are reasons why the phones these days give you a C to C cable. You will need to find another charger that has C to C to get the max capabilities of the s22+ 25w PD PPS. That charger you have does not supports it other than older generations of samsung products.

Another reason why it is intermittent. Likely you are using some poor cables that likely are not proper usb compliant.

blurpandasg2014

Reaction score
My other Samsung device are s9 and A52. Shouldn't the s22+ charge at the same speed as the older phone since battery capacity is similar?

I don't understand the discrepancies between older phone able to charge faster than new phone as it should be backward compatible.

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My other Samsung device are s9 and A52. Shouldn't the s22+ charge at the same speed as the older phone since battery capacity is similar?

I don't understand the discrepancies between older phone able to charge faster than new phone as it should be backward compatible.
New models like S21/ S22 have chargers can SFC charging using specific chargers ie 25w / 45w chargers with PD / PPS profile. You are comparing S9 chargers which i dont believe is even is a 25w and A52 ones that come out of the box?

I used to own A52s the charger out of the box is only 15w.

Last edited:

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Nope. You have to understand. S9 was the last series to do 18w fast charging via A to C standards. A52S is only 15w.

And those 2 phones are on older charging technology. Different protocol to begin with also. It follows the Quick Charge 2.0 protocol in those era.

From s10 onwards it was all newer protocol called PD PPS 25w or 45w. They have moved on.

Quick Charge 2.0 is not the same as PD PPS. However in the phones battery menu, you could turn on the fast charging option to fallback to Quick Charge 2.0. But that will still be slow at 18w.

In order to maximise the charging speed. You will need to change the charger to a PD PPS charger. Go take a look at s22 accessories thread. I have posted numerous compatible charger there.

username03

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing your insights :) will check the thread.
In your phone settings, under device care > battery > more battery settings = turn on the fast charging toggle…..

That’s your issue i guess. Cos out of box, the setting is turned off. You have to turn it on, to let your phone be compatible with normal older fast charging like your old s9..

blurpandasg2014

Reaction score
In your phone settings, under device care > battery > more battery settings = turn on the fast charging toggle…..

That’s your issue i guess. Cos out of box, the setting is turned off. You have to turn it on, to let your phone be compatible with normal older fast charging like your old s9..
My super fast and fast charge activated

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.