Samsung S8 suddenly lost volume

Decarn

Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2003
Messages
187
Reaction score
0
Hi,

Anyone experience a sudden lost of volume when playing YouTube? There will be sound for about 2s and the sound will be lost. I rebooted the phone a few times to resolve it but the problem resurface again.

I'm not sure if it is limited only to YouTube as I've not download any video or music files. Any advice? My phone is less than 2 months old.
 

Mis Noslen

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2017
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi,

Anyone experience a sudden lost of volume when playing YouTube? There will be sound for about 2s and the sound will be lost. I rebooted the phone a few times to resolve it but the problem resurface again.

I'm not sure if it is limited only to YouTube as I've not download any video or music files. Any advice? My phone is less than 2 months old.

I have encountered the same. However, when I went to plaza singapura service center, the person told me he never heard of this problem b4.
I search online and apparently there are multiple (hundreds) of such cases especially in USA.
Nonetheless, the person in order to check, need to leave phone and will master reset hence I never leave the phone there as there was no backup.

I have just did the software update and hope for the best.
 

deathst

Master Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2010
Messages
3,451
Reaction score
2
Hi,

Anyone experience a sudden lost of volume when playing YouTube? There will be sound for about 2s and the sound will be lost. I rebooted the phone a few times to resolve it but the problem resurface again.

I'm not sure if it is limited only to YouTube as I've not download any video or music files. Any advice? My phone is less than 2 months old.

Just watched a 45 min Youtube Video, couldn't replicate. The only way or cause of loss of media volume is that your device have a notification that has taken priority of audio and is playing a tone. From the looks of it you got a rogue application using notification system to keep itself alive by playing an audio. Do you use the clear view cover?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top