Samsung s9plus fingerprint not working

karkhengsoh

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2018
Messages
51
Reaction score
0
I am having an issue with the fingerprint scanner. When unlocking the device I get a message saying "The fingerprint scanner is not responding. Try again later."
When I go into setting and go to fingerprint settings I a message saying "An error has occurred with the fingerprint sensor. If this message appears repeatedly, restart your device." Got my phone from starhub from 10th March. Anyone facing this issue too?
 

karkhengsoh

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2018
Messages
51
Reaction score
0
Fix the issue after phone restart but this already happen twice

I am having an issue with the fingerprint scanner. When unlocking the device I get a message saying "The fingerprint scanner is not responding. Try again later."
When I go into setting and go to fingerprint settings I a message saying "An error has occurred with the fingerprint sensor. If this message appears repeatedly, restart your device." Got my phone from starhub from 10th March. Anyone facing this issue too?
 

lenseview

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2010
Messages
8,583
Reaction score
55
Fix the issue after phone restart but this already happen twice

Remove your fingerprint unlock. Go into apps, system apps. Search for fingerprint app. Clear all data.

If still got problem. Try factory reset. If still cant, go back samsung.
 

karkhengsoh

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2018
Messages
51
Reaction score
0
Agreed, but do you think that there will be an update to fix it? As it's easy to just restart phone, but we paid good money for the phone. however need to restart phone every time if the bug is there and its annoying. I've looked online that s8 had this issue before. Did Samsung fix it for s8?

Remove your fingerprint unlock. Go into apps, system apps. Search for fingerprint app. Clear all data.

If still got problem. Try factory reset. If still cant, go back samsung.
 

lenseview

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2010
Messages
8,583
Reaction score
55
Agreed, but do you think that there will be an update to fix it? As it's easy to just restart phone, but we paid good money for the phone. however need to restart phone every time if the bug is there and its annoying. I've looked online that s8 had this issue before. Did Samsung fix it for s8?

That iam not sure. But so far i havent met any problems for the fingerprint sensor or iris. Been using for unlock and samsung pay.

Edit. But iam on note 8. :spin:
 

deathst

Master Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2010
Messages
3,451
Reaction score
2
Agreed, but do you think that there will be an update to fix it? As it's easy to just restart phone, but we paid good money for the phone. however need to restart phone every time if the bug is there and its annoying. I've looked online that s8 had this issue before. Did Samsung fix it for s8?

It seems to be working on my end as well. Likely you are part of the small minority that received some bad sets.
 

karkhengsoh

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2018
Messages
51
Reaction score
0
It's a brand new phone, saw other country forum having that issue but no one here talk about it, hopefully it's a software issue that Samsung will fix as many of us will be so lazy to go back down and switch phone

That iam not sure. But so far i havent met any problems for the fingerprint sensor or iris. Been using for unlock and samsung pay.

Edit. But iam on note 8. :spin:
 

karkhengsoh

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2018
Messages
51
Reaction score
0
So far only happen to me twice. First time is when I first got my phone which is on 10th and ytd which is 12th March. I'll update here if it happen again

Happened to me yesterday. Restart phone and ok liao.
So far only once.
 

Omnia1

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2011
Messages
5,714
Reaction score
1,206
There was a comment in the XDA forums that this is a software bug that can be addressed for now by switching off the finger sensor gesture (the one that allows you to pull down the notification shade using the fingerprint sensor) . Until Samsung fixes the bug...

Not sure whether it's the same problem but hey, worth a try I guess.

Sent from Samsung SM-T825Y using GAGT
 

karkhengsoh

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2018
Messages
51
Reaction score
0
awesome, i saw that which is an issue that S8 face as well. wondering if the s8 got any update with that fix. any idea?
 

kruppom

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2013
Messages
22
Reaction score
2
So far only happen to me twice. First time is when I first got my phone which is on 10th and ytd which is 12th March. I'll update here if it happen again

Today happened 3 times. The 3rd time i lazy restart. Will just leave it like this.
 

karkhengsoh

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2018
Messages
51
Reaction score
0
Hahaha! Just restart la dont be lazy, Hopefully Samsung do a update on this. Maybe we should email Samsung to inform them about this issue?

Today happened 3 times. The 3rd time i lazy restart. Will just leave it like this.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top