Samsung Warranty Status

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2001
Messages
10,375
Reaction score
635
Hi there, I just got a 2nd hand Samsung S5 from a Seller (who claims that the set is just a "few" months old, thus as a Samsung noob, I would like to ask how to I verify if the phone is really that new? or where do I check the warranty status?

Does if follow warranty receipt issued by those 2nd hand mobile shops or those gameshop stores that sell mobiles too?

Thanks and appreciate all the replies!

:)
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
Hi there, I just got a 2nd hand Samsung S5 from a Seller (who claims that the set is just a "few" months old, thus as a Samsung noob, I would like to ask how to I verify if the phone is really that new? or where do I check the warranty status?

Does if follow warranty receipt issued by those 2nd hand mobile shops or those gameshop stores that sell mobiles too?

Thanks and appreciate all the replies!

:)

you can check the serial number with samsung call centre to see if this unit is a local set.

no way you can check the warranty status as the record is solely independent from call centre.

the receipt can be used only if the unit was not serviced before. usually when a unit is serviced, the service centre will keep a copy of the scanned receipt.
 

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2000
Messages
21,732
Reaction score
133
Always ask for original receipt if phone is under warranty.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top