Screen Issues with Lenovo Ideapad 720S

iygnaug

Suspended
Joined
Mar 22, 2007
Messages
434
Reaction score
95
Hi there,

Need help to recommend a repairer for my out of warranty 2017 Lenovo Ideapad 720S. The laptop display is pitch black even though the laptop can be power on. I connected an HDMI cable and display it using my TV, and it works well, but there still isn't any image on the laptop.

1) Could it be a connection that is loose which I can fix easily?
2) What is the worse case scenario and how much should I prepare for repair?
3) Any repairer to recommend? I am hesitant to bring it back to Lenovo due to cost.

Thank you.
 

tjrsasea

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2016
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
3
Hi there,

Need help to recommend a repairer for my out of warranty 2017 Lenovo Ideapad 720S. The laptop display is pitch black even though the laptop can be power on. I connected an HDMI cable and display it using my TV, and it works well, but there still isn't any image on the laptop.

1) Could it be a connection that is loose which I can fix easily?
2) What is the worse case scenario and how much should I prepare for repair?
3) Any repairer to recommend? I am hesitant to bring it back to Lenovo due to cost.

Thank you.

you got try changing screen brightness using keyboard shortcut? lenovo laptops at lowest brightness is almost pitch black
 

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2002
Messages
20,628
Reaction score
516
Your 720s is which model? 13 inch? If so I have a spare 13 inch screen panel which I can sell you (but probably you need to install yourself or find someone to do so)
 

iygnaug

Suspended
Joined
Mar 22, 2007
Messages
434
Reaction score
95
Your 720s is which model? 13 inch? If so I have a spare 13 inch screen panel which I can sell you (but probably you need to install yourself or find someone to do so)

Mine is 14 inch. Thanks for the offer, don't think I can replace the screen myself.

Any recommendation for repairers?
 

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2002
Messages
20,628
Reaction score
516
Mine is 14 inch. Thanks for the offer, don't think I can replace the screen myself.

Any recommendation for repairers?
On Carousell there are a few who offer such services. Maybe you can ask them for a quote. Think so far the range I got is about 300 for parts+labour or about 50 to 75 for labour alone. Surely if you can source the screen yourself (usually about 100 or less, or even 60+ on Taobao) you can save quite a bit.
 

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2002
Messages
20,628
Reaction score
516
Otherwise a few other shops you can check out are laptop hospital at bugis junction, some of the shops at level 5 backlane of sls (not sure how reputable) or maybe try asking Lenovo for a out of warranty replacement quote
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top