SD card unexpected removed on Note 4

LonelyMan

Master Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2004
Messages
2,748
Reaction score
0
I always hear of Sandisk microsd card and Samsung phones, but not any other phone.

Sandisk is one of the biggest if not biggest brand for flash memory card. Samsung is the biggest Android phone producer but their flash memory card business is not as big as Sandisk.

Does the above give anyone any thoughts about what might possibly be the reason? Just for information. Samsung was found guilty in Taiwan for hiring people to talk on forums to increase their influence over HTC.
 

rarenick

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2008
Messages
26,218
Reaction score
3,691
I avoid Sandisk microSD cards and thumbdrives like plague. So many issues with their products. Nowadays even if I know their ssd is cheap I also won't buy. Worry about the reliability.

Sent from GAGT Android App
 

rarenick

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2008
Messages
26,218
Reaction score
3,691
I always hear of Sandisk microsd card and Samsung phones, but not any other phone.

Sandisk is one of the biggest if not biggest brand for flash memory card. Samsung is the biggest Android phone producer but their flash memory card business is not as big as Sandisk.

Does the above give anyone any thoughts about what might possibly be the reason? Just for information. Samsung was found guilty in Taiwan for hiring people to talk on forums to increase their influence over HTC.
Samsung phones no problem with other brands of cards. U trying to defend sandisk? U hired by sandisk to make comments on forums?

Sent from GAGT Android App
 

SKinny86

Master Member
Joined
May 30, 2004
Messages
3,466
Reaction score
304
sandisk have some batch which are having this problems. As advised before, go challanger and get a Samsung class 10 card. It's quite cheap anyway.

FYI. this issue has been acknowledged by sandisk mentioned on some forums.
 

LonelyMan

Master Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2004
Messages
2,748
Reaction score
0
U trying to defend sandisk?

This is a discussion, there is no need to get defensive. I am presenting facts.

Samsung Market Share

Samsung's smartphone market share takes a nosedive in Q2 2014 | Android Central

Forbes report

Sandisk's Flash Memory Cards Business Supports $65 Value - Forbes

Samsung Fined

Samsung Caught Astroturfing: Taiwanese FTC Fines Galaxy S4 Maker $340,000 For Fake Negative Reviews Of HTC Products


U hired by sandisk to make comments on forums?

No and I only have one single source of income.


Just to give you another fact, I used a Samsung Galaxy Mini, S2 and currently S4 with a Samsung microSD card knowing the issues with Sandisk card. I also used Sandisk SD, SDHC and CF cards for cameras.


So can our discussion continue or you prefer to have the perception that I defending Sandisk and hired by Sandisk?
 

seller4

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
15,756
Reaction score
41
I think Samsung n Sandisk dun go together. For those who know electronic, perhaps the Samsung TouchWiz OS n the Sandisk card have some timing issues when reading/writing from/to the OS n the card. Basically Sandisk might not be compatible to Samsung. Cannot blame either company.

So u like Samsung phone, buy other brand memory card. If u like Sandisk, buy other brand of phone. Peace. :)
 

LonelyMan

Master Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2004
Messages
2,748
Reaction score
0
Rarerick

Not say no problem. I had a 64GB Sandisk Extreme USB that writes 170MB~200MB per sec. Parallel import i think, got issue, exchanged and now working as well as before. I have some other Sandisk products as wrll, no issue so far. This is my personal experience, so maybe i not so sway.
 

benedium

Banned
Joined
Jan 22, 2005
Messages
12,445
Reaction score
3,709
Wah Note 4 also like that?! My Note 2 has been doing that ever since warranty over and I tried changing sim card brands, reformatting, factory reset and clear cache all also no use. The problem still keeps coming back!! Really wanted to upgrade to Note 4 but now sian.
 

benedium

Banned
Joined
Jan 22, 2005
Messages
12,445
Reaction score
3,709
I notice it happens most often when I pull the phone out from my pocket. I think it is a mechanical contact problem either at the sd card slot or the electronic circuitry connected to it.
 
Last edited:

jianrong

Master Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2006
Messages
2,532
Reaction score
78
Also kena this. When i sometime view video in sdcard from myfile. After abit it auto reboot sdcard.
 

rarenick

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2008
Messages
26,218
Reaction score
3,691
Rarerick

Not say no problem. I had a 64GB Sandisk Extreme USB that writes 170MB~200MB per sec. Parallel import i think, got issue, exchanged and now working as well as before. I have some other Sandisk products as wrll, no issue so far. This is my personal experience, so maybe i not so sway.
Your sandisk extreme USB is thumbdrive or SD card? What was the issue?


Sent from GAGT Android App
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top