Sealed laptop

babybaby92

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2010
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

I had made a purchase on a new laptop at pc dreams yesterday from sim lim square. But the laptop seems to be seem be resealed. Does resealed means it is factory refreshed but I am paying for the price of new laptop.

Thank you. Please advise me.
 
Last edited:

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

I had made a purchase on a new laptop at pc dreams yesterday from sim lim square. But the laptop seems to be seem be resealed. Does resealed means it is factory refreshed but I am paying for the price of new laptop.

Thank you. Please advise me.

if its "resealed" don't take it.
 

enenyi

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2011
Messages
5,927
Reaction score
5
For PC Dreams, if they are selling u a factory-refurbished set, they will tell u upfront. Else, they will open up the new set in front of u, with the cling wrap and cardboard wrapping intact. If u end up with a 'resealed' laptop at full price, u need to check with them again - they could have mixed up your order and passed u a laptop that was meant for someone else.
 

babybaby92

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2010
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Thank you all for all the replies.

PC Dreams had explained that the set was opened for some customers to see which I accepted it.
 

enenyi

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2011
Messages
5,927
Reaction score
5
Thank you all for all the replies.

PC Dreams had explained that the set was opened for some customers to see which I accepted it.

Means it is a 'display set' laptop. U could have bargained for lower pricing based on that alone. :)
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top