Seek recommendation to upgrade current rig

atomtomion

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2015
Messages
42
Reaction score
1
Hi all,

I am planning to build a new rig as my current one does not meet the Windows 11 requirements. Since I cannot upgrade to Windows 11, I plan to reuse some existing components listed below:

GPU: RTX 3060 Ti
SSD: 3 units (1 × 500GB and 2 × 1TB)
HDD: 1 unit
PSU: About 5 years old – not sure if I should replace it
Casing: About 8 years old – planning to replace it

Usage: Photo editing (Lightroom) and some gaming.

I would like to seek recommendations for the following components:

CPU
Motherboard
RAM
PSU (as mentioned, about 5 years old – unsure if it needs replacement)
Casing (about 8 years old, planning to replace as it only has one USB 3.0 port)

Thank you !
 

iceblendedchoc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2016
Messages
23,310
Reaction score
10,078
Hi all,

I am planning to build a new rig as my current one does not meet the Windows 11 requirements. Since I cannot upgrade to Windows 11, I plan to reuse some existing components listed below:

GPU: RTX 3060 Ti
SSD: 3 units (1 × 500GB and 2 × 1TB)
HDD: 1 unit
PSU: About 5 years old – not sure if I should replace it
Casing: About 8 years old – planning to replace it

Usage: Photo editing (Lightroom) and some gaming.

I would like to seek recommendations for the following components:

CPU
Motherboard
RAM
PSU (as mentioned, about 5 years old – unsure if it needs replacement)
Casing (about 8 years old, planning to replace as it only has one USB 3.0 port)

Thank you !

current ram is DDR3?

PSU still can use bah since you just running a 3060 ti currently.

budget?

If you can go for AM5, for longer run way. 7500f with a B650M/B850M motherboard.
If not , a b550m with a 5600 or 5600x.

plenty of nice looking, affordable casing nowadays under $100.
 

naked123

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2010
Messages
7,656
Reaction score
1,012
Hi all,

I am planning to build a new rig as my current one does not meet the Windows 11 requirements. Since I cannot upgrade to Windows 11, I plan to reuse some existing components listed below:

GPU: RTX 3060 Ti
SSD: 3 units (1 × 500GB and 2 × 1TB)
HDD: 1 unit
PSU: About 5 years old – not sure if I should replace it
Casing: About 8 years old – planning to replace it

Usage: Photo editing (Lightroom) and some gaming.

I would like to seek recommendations for the following components:

CPU
Motherboard
RAM
PSU (as mentioned, about 5 years old – unsure if it needs replacement)
Casing (about 8 years old, planning to replace as it only has one USB 3.0 port)

Thank you !

PSU capacity?

Just wack 7500F + B650M combo < AVOID ASUS PRIME SERIES B650M

2x16GB DDR5 6000MT/s CL30 < any brand

Case just go SLS see which one you like
 

Sauzan

Master Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2002
Messages
2,912
Reaction score
259
Just FYI, you can enroll in ESU which will give you one more year of critical updates on Windows 10.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top