(Seeking help) Stream from PC to TV

Phd123

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2007
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Good day, I'm seeking help to stream / cast my PC gaming and even my PC desktop to TV (like dual monitor setup).

The TV is some distance away, and long HDMI cabling is impractical for me. I'm thinking of some options, like chromecast, nvidia shield, and even HDMI to LAN powerline adaptors. What works?
 
Last edited:

MasK

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,773
Reaction score
244
Well, that wireless HDMI costs quite a bit, and I saw only 1 unit in Cybermind sometime back. I got it much earlier via Amazon for abt SGD180. It was worth it for the amount of time I used it. I don't use it now, but keeping it for "just in case".

See if you can plan to wire it. It's still the best and can transfer 4K as well. I bought 15m HDMI2.0 cable for $90+ and wired through my false ceiling. It was worth the investment.
 

reignytion

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2012
Messages
34
Reaction score
1
May I ask what your TV brand is and how old it is? Cos my tv supports miracast, I just need to select source on my TV as screen mirroring and I can mirror my pc over wifi. With in built Windows 10 function
 

Elijahonli

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2008
Messages
25,846
Reaction score
159
if ur tv supports DLNA, u can stream to ur tv without any special device. Else a chromecast or miracast will work as a cheap option
 

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2010
Messages
35,380
Reaction score
402
Or if your TV supports Intel WiDi out of the box even better. Just get a compatible Intel wireless adapter for your desktop and connect to it...
 

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2008
Messages
16,845
Reaction score
1,784
I've done this using splashtop . Stream PC in bedroom to android in living room within same network. Since you want to connect to TV then connect that android to TV via hdmi.

Have choice of extended display and mirroring. Works for desktop, playing videos and gaming.
 
Last edited:

Phd123

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2007
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
My TV is about 4yrs old. It's a smart TV, with dlna, but processor seems slow so I don't use it much.

So primarily, I want to game on the tv, using my PC as the processor. How do I connect, without using a lengthy HDMI cable? I think streaming a video using Chromecast might be ok, but is there any lag when gaming?

To use splashtop, i need to install in on some kind of android device to connect to the TV's HDMI input?

How to know if my tv supports miracast or Intel widi? Actually, how to go about activating these tech in the PC?

Thanks for the support so far. I used to have PC connected to tv directly through HDMI, but cause I've relocated, layout of my living space has changed.
 

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2010
Messages
35,380
Reaction score
402
My TV is about 4yrs old. It's a smart TV, with dlna, but processor seems slow so I don't use it much.

So primarily, I want to game on the tv, using my PC as the processor. How do I connect, without using a lengthy HDMI cable? I think streaming a video using Chromecast might be ok, but is there any lag when gaming?

To use splashtop, i need to install in on some kind of android device to connect to the TV's HDMI input?

How to know if my tv supports miracast or Intel widi? Actually, how to go about activating these tech in the PC?

Thanks for the support so far. I used to have PC connected to tv directly through HDMI, but cause I've relocated, layout of my living space has changed.
Telling us your TV brand and model will be most helpful....
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top