September weather in phuket?

tang_tang

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2005
Messages
673
Reaction score
18
Is travelling to Phuket in September really bad with kids? I heard that the weather in Phuket during September is rainy and monsoon season.

But is it really that bad that I will be stuck in my hotel room and cannot go island hopping?

Anyone has travelled to Phuket in the month of September?

Thank you!
 

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2017
Messages
17,521
Reaction score
6,090
Is travelling to Phuket in September really bad with kids? I heard that the weather in Phuket during September is rainy and monsoon season.

But is it really that bad that I will be stuck in my hotel room and cannot go island hopping?

Anyone has travelled to Phuket in the month of September?

Thank you!

Yes, Phuket and those islands or mainland facing Andaman Sea is hit buy monsoon season and sept is the wettest.
Those facing Gulf of Thailand is not hit, example Koh Samui (still raining season but not the bad).
You will waste your plan and money if you stuck in your hotel room.
 

sendtolee

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2008
Messages
940
Reaction score
0
Is travelling to Phuket in September really bad with kids? I heard that the weather in Phuket during September is rainy and monsoon season.

But is it really that bad that I will be stuck in my hotel room and cannot go island hopping?

Anyone has travelled to Phuket in the month of September?

Thank you!

Consider Ko Chang and the surrounding islands on east of Thailand.
Or Phu Quoc of Vietnam...
 

dleodleo

Master Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2007
Messages
2,835
Reaction score
12
Is travelling to Phuket in September really bad with kids? I heard that the weather in Phuket during September is rainy and monsoon season.

But is it really that bad that I will be stuck in my hotel room and cannot go island hopping?

Anyone has travelled to Phuket in the month of September?

Thank you!

I think raining season. I went in September and it rained for a short while but not daily. I did managed to go for island hopping without rain.

Dun worry just enjoy.:)
 

dleodleo

Master Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2007
Messages
2,835
Reaction score
12
By the way I went last week of September around 23-26 sept something like tat. I forget the date liao.
 

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2017
Messages
17,521
Reaction score
6,090
I think raining season. I went in September and it rained for a short while but not daily. I did managed to go for island hopping without rain.

Dun worry just enjoy.:)

Weather is depend on luck, and the period you go is ending of raining season so may varies lol. Some companies don't care of tourist, if they insist on boat trip during a bad sea condition.

For me I don't like to risk my money and plan because of raining so I will usually go on drier season.
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
went before in mar jul sep ...
jul to sep, tend to rains at times ... however the rain is not long one ...
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top