Service or buy a new macbook?

thatboy

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2012
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Hi guys,

I have a macbook pro retina 15” Early 2013 that battery is totally dead. Only able to power up using AC adapter.

Simplymac.sg quoted $250 inclusive service a new battery.

I have another issue with my speakers that is distorted however works perfectly fine with headphones. So the speaker does not bother me, its the battery.

Should I service my battery or to get a new macbook? Anyone have good experience of third party battery? Does it last?

Thanks forumers!
 

Odessa

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2010
Messages
5,965
Reaction score
2,888
Your can but the battery from OWC and install it yourself.

Are you happy with the performance of your current MBP?
 

thatboy

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2012
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Your can but the battery from OWC and install it yourself.

Are you happy with the performance of your current MBP?

Thanks for the advice.

Simplymac is under OWC, so I would assume you recommending me to them?

Performance wise i can feel it slowing down, however the overall condition is well-maintained. I cant convince myself to get the new macbook with touch bar as I am using windows also.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top