Settings app crashes when trying to access Lock Screen & security.

MaLdocK

Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2008
Messages
192
Reaction score
0
I always have had direction swipe enabled to unlock my phone. However after the latest update and upon each phone restart, I have not been able to unlock my note 8 using direction swipe.

As you know, biometrics only works after you unlock your phone once, therefore I have no way of unlocking my phone. Upon inputting my directions, the phone would go blank for a good 2-3 seconds before the lock screen appears again. This whole cycle repeats itself.
To unlock my phone, I have to go online to web browser to unlock my phone via findmysamsung..
Is there a way to get back my seamless direction unlock and have it in its pre-update stage?

Or perhaps a way to roll back to pre update, or do I have to reset my phone to factory settings?
 

deathst

Master Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2010
Messages
3,451
Reaction score
2
I always have had direction swipe enabled to unlock my phone. However after the latest update and upon each phone restart, I have not been able to unlock my note 8 using direction swipe.

As you know, biometrics only works after you unlock your phone once, therefore I have no way of unlocking my phone. Upon inputting my directions, the phone would go blank for a good 2-3 seconds before the lock screen appears again. This whole cycle repeats itself.
To unlock my phone, I have to go online to web browser to unlock my phone via findmysamsung..
Is there a way to get back my seamless direction unlock and have it in its pre-update stage?

Or perhaps a way to roll back to pre update, or do I have to reset my phone to factory settings?
Direction Swipe so means you are using an Accessibility feature?

From the looks of things, sounds like the current unlock method is not playing too nicely to unlocking biometrics from its secure enclave. So it crashes system UI. So some Trust agents internally might have broke.

Firstly you can try this, go into the apps section of the settings app, and select "Show System Apps", you can go to Bixby Voice, then in the 3 dots menu at the top, uninstall updates.

You might also want to try change your lock method via Settings > Accessibility > Direction lock > Screen lock type. I do not recommend direction lock, it is not a secure method and will not play nicely with biometrics and secure enclave.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top