Severely underweight child

bryanlim123

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2017
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
I have a severely underweight son age 14 with bmi of 13, skinny since young. Anything that can be done to help him achieve a normal weight? Thanks.
 

callmezehzeh

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2017
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
I was severely underweight when I was that age too. Only began to become borderline underweight and sometimes acceptable weight in uni.

Is his weight causing problems like extreme lethargy and other health issues? If not, just make sure he’s having his regular meals and balanced diet + exercise lor. Last time I was so desperate that I drank 3 glasses of full cream milk a day but also no use.
 

bryanlim123

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2017
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
I was severely underweight when I was that age too. Only began to become borderline underweight and sometimes acceptable weight in uni.

Is his weight causing problems like extreme lethargy and other health issues? If not, just make sure he’s having his regular meals and balanced diet + exercise lor. Last time I was so desperate that I drank 3 glasses of full cream milk a day but also no use.

Not much health issue, except for getting easily ill more often than others. He's having a regular 3 meal a day diet and occasionally some snacks in between. Is any there fast solutions to gain weight, or are there any doctor who can help him? Kindly advise.
 

callmezehzeh

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2017
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Not much health issue, except for getting easily ill more often than others. He's having a regular 3 meal a day diet and occasionally some snacks in between. Is any there fast solutions to gain weight, or are there any doctor who can help him? Kindly advise.

Not sure about doctors but recently I’ve been taking this supplement called Jeunesse Reserve. It’s a blend of various natural berries that is said to help your body regain its supposed equilibrium, i.e. gain weight if you’re too thin and lose weight if you’re obese. I’ve put on some healthy weight and friends have commented that I look less lifeless. You can easily find reviews online but as with all methods/supplements, proceed at your own discretion.

I get my supply from the seller with the most reviews on shopee.
 

bryanlim123

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2017
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Have tried the purple berry juice drink as mentioned for 3 months and full cream milk during breakfast and supper but no significant change in weight spotted
 

MegatonNev

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 7, 2015
Messages
54,796
Reaction score
5,988
Alternatively can try mixing pedisure and cereal as breakfast try....
 

Peony牡丹

Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2015
Messages
482
Reaction score
0
Make 田七 tonic for him once a week.

My bro was skinny as a monkey as a kid n lousy appetite.

When he was just starting puberty, my mom started him on 田七. Within that year his appetite increase like mad and became slightly chubby.

Afterwards he heng body training n is a handsome fitzai now ow.
 

Jasmine11

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2018
Messages
73
Reaction score
0
I have a severely underweight son age 14 with bmi of 13, skinny since young. Anything that can be done to help him achieve a normal weight? Thanks.

My brother is underweight also since young, he seems healthy he rarely get sick. so i think right, just let it be you know. your child will gain weiht on his own soon
 

Henryspeakyourmind

Junior Member
Joined
May 11, 2018
Messages
17
Reaction score
1
The key is to start exercising for him. Badminton, basketball, swimming, anything. Even jogging. His appetite will naturally be better and you let him feasts on the carbs. Take months to kick-start and dun stop. Fix routine of meals, night milk, early sleep. Hydration. Once his metabolism improves he will eat well, rest well, gain well.
 

apeape

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2017
Messages
721
Reaction score
1
i used to be the same case, severely underweight. Only gained weight in NS. Logically, have to start exercising or go gym. the body will then learn to store or burn whatever you've consumed for the next workout. of course have to maintain/increase eating. From my experience, Milk does not help, it only help me become lactose intolerant as an adult -.-..

Just take care of his spine, I noticed most underweight people have some slight scoliosis/kyphosis. Me and my brother is affected, but only slightly.

Another way is just let the boy live if he's not complaining, active and eating. skip the processed foods(nuggets, seaweed chicken, maggi) and eat more real, lean meat will help also.
 
Last edited:

NoLogicLah

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2011
Messages
11,051
Reaction score
211
I used to be under weight. After Ns now over weight :o. :(

Nv take any protein powder or weight gainer.
 

Nirvani

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2001
Messages
1,428
Reaction score
0
Firstly, make sure he is not afflicted with any conditions such as Marfans syndrome, which produces a severely underweight physique. A good doctor will be able to determine this based on a series of simple tests. Note that this condition does cause scoliosis and joint abnormalities and its typical for many cases to go undiagnosed in Singapore. Is he unusually tall for his age?

If that's not the case, then there's probably nothing to worry about as long as he is healthy. Perhaps have him take up some anaerobic exercises which natually boosts appetite and testosterone to build bulk.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top