[Sharing] Why you switch back to iPhone???

davidwong

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,739
Reaction score
0
To be honest dude politically correct would be big screen, simplicity UI and touch ID.

Actual reason cos iPhone is always sort of cool chic class status.

And it's new thing that Apple has large screen phone 📱

A lot of on the fence iPhone users switched to Samsung becos at that time iPhone no big screen and ppl left right centre front n back all Samsung so get Samsung lo.

Now that Apple have big screen then go back to Apple for the above reasons lo.

Ppl don need to bash ios and windows cos is like saying durian or sour sop which is better? Totally different target audience.

For those die hard fans, will always stick with ios or Android from the beginning till the end
 

jianrong

Master Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2006
Messages
2,532
Reaction score
78
I was a iPhone 4 user. Use that for nearly 3 years. Then note 2 due to big screen. Then wanted iPhone 6 plus. No stocks couldn't wait. Note 4.

Lol. Then finally iPhone 6 plus.

Yes, bigger screen plus apps I use doesn't work well on note 4 Android system. Another thing 6 plus battery is better than note 4 even though note 4 larger battery than 6 plus. And I'm a noob at rooting. As for freezing lag, maybe because I drop my note 4 once without case, probably internal injury.

Tough choice but glad I'm back to apple product. I have to admit. I miss being able to pay for Android app on my bill.
 

Skywalker87

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Messages
2,103
Reaction score
0
I was a iPhone 4 user. Use that for nearly 3 years. Then note 2 due to big screen. Then wanted iPhone 6 plus. No stocks couldn't wait. Note 4.

Lol. Then finally iPhone 6 plus.

Yes, bigger screen plus apps I use doesn't work well on note 4 Android system. Another thing 6 plus battery is better than note 4 even though note 4 larger battery than 6 plus. And I'm a noob at rooting. As for freezing lag, maybe because I drop my note 4 once without case, probably internal injury.

Tough choice but glad I'm back to apple product. I have to admit. I miss being able to pay for Android app on my bill.

Indeed. Agree with jianrong. I was an iPhone 4 user. Then changed to Note 2.

Screen size is really awesome but a tad too huge for me. I can live with Android OS, just that Note 2 battery life is really bad. USB charging is poor and sometimes the phone simply restarts by itself.

So went back to iPhone 6. Day 2, already face some issues from the past which pushed my to android. I realised I am unable to play mkv format files on it. So kind of unable to watch my drama on my i6.

Well. Life is such, we cannot get the best of both worlds.
 

jianrong

Master Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2006
Messages
2,532
Reaction score
78
Indeed. Agree with jianrong. I was an iPhone 4 user. Then changed to Note 2.

Screen size is really awesome but a tad too huge for me. I can live with Android OS, just that Note 2 battery life is really bad. USB charging is poor and sometimes the phone simply restarts by itself.

So went back to iPhone 6. Day 2, already face some issues from the past which pushed my to android. I realised I am unable to play mkv format files on it. So kind of unable to watch my drama on my i6.

Well. Life is such, we cannot get the best of both worlds.

I think there a app can play mkv? I using iTunes app file sharing. Just add from computer or export to computer.
 

wkweewee

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2013
Messages
26,900
Reaction score
14
Av player on ios is like the mx player of android. Drag and drop only.
 

clockers

Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2010
Messages
356
Reaction score
0
Currently holding a Samseng S3, upgrading to a 6+ in a few days time. Previously owned an iPhone 4 before Samseng S3

1) Touchwiz sucks
2) Plastic Samseng phone compared to iPhone
3) I'm more familiar with Apple products and their systems (can jailbreak and can anyhow zhng without the fear of bricking it like Andriod's rooting)
4) Simplicity of iPhone's UI as compared to Andriod
5) Previously had good experience with Apple's after service if product is faulty
 

otacon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2001
Messages
18,327
Reaction score
255
To be honest dude politically correct would be big screen, simplicity UI and touch ID.

Actual reason cos iPhone is always sort of cool chic class status.

And it's new thing that Apple has large screen phone 📱

A lot of on the fence iPhone users switched to Samsung becos at that time iPhone no big screen and ppl left right centre front n back all Samsung so get Samsung lo.

Now that Apple have big screen then go back to Apple for the above reasons lo.

Ppl don need to bash ios and windows cos is like saying durian or sour sop which is better? Totally different target audience.

For those die hard fans, will always stick with ios or Android from the beginning till the end

agreed that both android n apple cater for different audience

Now i prefer IOS more but I cannot live with the short battery (for ip5) n I get to choose favourite red color for my HTC One.
 

NeonX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
14,896
Reaction score
1,448
i came back to ios for stability, but recent versions crash sometimes, android never really crash on me before lol
 

Boner

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2002
Messages
7,324
Reaction score
0
IOS just works.
See myself going back to IOS via 6+ soon.
 

fuzzybear

Master Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2000
Messages
2,775
Reaction score
0
i came back to ios for stability, but recent versions crash sometimes, android never really crash on me before lol

All down to luck lor
Androod ya crash is lesser before I convets fully to iOS
But it's does dies young and lagging

On my iOS since I joined back on 5s and now ip6 no issue and crash

Mayhe try a full format and install as sometimes is alps unstable esp those ask for permission
 

buayloti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2005
Messages
20,460
Reaction score
0
Using s3 previosuly, android lag over time. Ios is so much stable n smooth.
 

noisemaker

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2007
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
638
I switched from 3GS to Samsung S3 then S4. Now on iPhone 6+.

Love iPhone 6+ for:-
1) Touch ID (very smooth)
2) Long battery life.
I tried going once 24 hours without charging. Phone still had some juice left after that (and I slept very little in that 24 hrs, around 3-4 hrs, surfing and watching Youtube).

3) Beautiful photo colours and clear pictures.
I did a side by side photo comparison with my friend's Note 4. With another friend being a neutral judge. All agreed the photos looked somewhat better on the Iphone 6+

Don't like the iPhone 6+ for:-
1) No back button and menu button.
I miss those buttons on my S3 and S4

2) In-built Calendar app not as good as Android
I cannot simply copy an event wholesale to another date and "location" throws me to Apple Map which sucks.

3) I can't do keyword searches in apps like Whatsapp in iOS
So it's a hassle trying to trace back some info that friends had given earlier in iOS. I can easily find old info using keyword searches in WA for my S3 and S4. Hope that WA can do something about it. Or Apple would allow keyword searches in chat apps like WA as well.
 

endlssorrow

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
11,088
Reaction score
852
I can't comment much against other model brands because my ex hp is S3. S3 Sibei cmi after 1yr. Super lag really can't take it. Wanted to buy s5 but this year i6 will out so I waited 2-4month more.

The finger print unlock is fast. I not sure if other hp got such feature anot .
 

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2009
Messages
27,736
Reaction score
6,581
Used iPhone 3G > 4 > 4S > Samsung Galaxy S4 > 5S > 6

My switch from apple to Samsung only lasted 3 months. Initially was full of promise and potential but after awhile, the S4 got very laggy, a lot of unwanted bloatware and apps that I cannot delete. Switched back to 5S and bought a iPhone 6 shortly and never looked back.
 

LAze_16

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2010
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
To be honest dude politically correct would be big screen, simplicity UI and touch ID.

Actual reason cos iPhone is always sort of cool chic class status.

And it's new thing that Apple has large screen phone 📱

A lot of on the fence iPhone users switched to Samsung becos at that time iPhone no big screen and ppl left right centre front n back all Samsung so get Samsung lo.

Now that Apple have big screen then go back to Apple for the above reasons lo.

Ppl don need to bash ios and windows cos is like saying durian or sour sop which is better? Totally different target audience.

For those die hard fans, will always stick with ios or Android from the beginning till the end

Totally agree with davidwong.
I came from iphone 3GS to Samsung S2 to Note 3 and alot of others in between and now i'm back to iphone 6plus.

Honestly don't like itune. Andriod is much simplier. But no matter how many models of iphones that had come n gone, it still have that premium feel.

And of coz the screen size.
 

Swiftwinds

Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2014
Messages
227
Reaction score
0
I switched from 3GS to Samsung S3 then S4. Now on iPhone 6+.

Love iPhone 6+ for:-
1) Touch ID (very smooth)
2) Long battery life.
I tried going once 24 hours without charging. Phone still had some juice left after that (and I slept very little in that 24 hrs, around 3-4 hrs, surfing and watching Youtube).

3) Beautiful photo colours and clear pictures.
I did a side by side photo comparison with my friend's Note 4. With another friend being a neutral judge. All agreed the photos looked somewhat better on the Iphone 6+

Don't like the iPhone 6+ for:-
1) No back button and menu button.
I miss those buttons on my S3 and S4

2) In-built Calendar app not as good as Android
I cannot simply copy an event wholesale to another date and "location" throws me to Apple Map which sucks.

3) I can't do keyword searches in apps like Whatsapp in iOS
So it's a hassle trying to trace back some info that friends had given earlier in iOS. I can easily find old info using keyword searches in WA for my S3 and S4. Hope that WA can do something about it. Or Apple would allow keyword searches in chat apps like WA as well.

Hey bro the keyword search in whatsapp for IOS exists ever since iOS 5 haha. You go to your whatsapp main page where all your conversations are being displayed, then you scroll up there's is a search box. I know for android you go to individual conversation and press menu button for the search function.
 

camelsback

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2013
Messages
1,834
Reaction score
104
is touch ID really a killer function that make you all jump over? i dont understand, or am i missing something. i dont even use the touch ID since iphone 5s and im not using 6+ without using touch ID too. my phone is not locked. do all of you lock your phone?

the killer function that made me port from android is iphones camera. super quality and lag free.

i moved from iphone 3g >nexus 1 > Iphone 4s > Galaxy note > and all iphones after that. haha
 

Melvyn_

Member
Joined
May 19, 2013
Messages
191
Reaction score
1
is touch ID really a killer function that make you all jump over? i dont understand, or am i missing something. i dont even use the touch ID since iphone 5s and im not using 6+ without using touch ID too. my phone is not locked. do all of you lock your phone?

the killer function that made me port from android is iphones camera. super quality and lag free.

i moved from iphone 3g >nexus 1 > Iphone 4s > Galaxy note > and all iphones after that. haha

Nope. But Touch ID is definitely a step up from iPhone 5s. The amount of errors in the 5s is horrendous. But aside from that its really about preference and choice. For me, Apple(iPhone 4) was my very first "Real" smartphone. So might as well just stick to Apple all the way. Tried Nexus 5 for bout 3 days. Don't like Android. Battery drains too fast for me. Might be all the Widgets and processors running in the background. ;)
 

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2003
Messages
21,481
Reaction score
3,166
is touch ID really a killer function that make you all jump over? i dont understand, or am i missing something. i dont even use the touch ID since iphone 5s and im not using 6+ without using touch ID too. my phone is not locked. do all of you lock your phone?

the killer function that made me port from android is iphones camera. super quality and lag free.

i moved from iphone 3g >nexus 1 > Iphone 4s > Galaxy note > and all iphones after that. haha

pls lock yr phone n use touchID. Only few mins to setup n it's super fast n useful.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top