Shopping in Taipei

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2001
Messages
6,092
Reaction score
663
Porter bags are cheaper...

If getting Porter International, get from City.
Should be 30% cheaper than SG Prices.
As for tax refund, I not sure how they calculated but if purchasing in departmental store there is a certain % of admin charges from your refunded amount. IIRC is 3%

Taoyuan airport got discount of 15-20% on off season and selected style but the total styles collection they carrying are very limited and miserable cos it's under duty free shop and there's no Porter shop in Airport.
 

Norman Chan

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
8,229
Reaction score
3
There are two Porter shops in terminal two after check in but small shops. Also difficult to find, like hide in some corner area. Last year trip bought two Porter bags, each about S$120 cheaper...
 

supremebull

Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2005
Messages
323
Reaction score
7
After returning from my trip I think the only thing else that would be worth buying in Taiwan would be clothes from GU - Uniqlo's budget brand.

Spotted quite a lot of shoe shops that supposedly sold Taiwan made shoes - any recommendations for decent made-in-Taiwan brands for men's shoes?
 

SBC

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2001
Messages
19,592
Reaction score
1,219
Any night market or shopping mall in Taipei that sell kids nite wear and other clothing in Taipei?

How’s the pricing?
 

galliano

Master Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2001
Messages
4,335
Reaction score
121
After returning from my trip I think the only thing else that would be worth buying in Taiwan would be clothes from GU - Uniqlo's budget brand.

Spotted quite a lot of shoe shops that supposedly sold Taiwan made shoes - any recommendations for decent made-in-Taiwan brands for men's shoes?

Wow! Surprised I’m not the only one who is fan of GU. I find the clothes there cheap and good.

Actually the other decent clothes outlet I like is Life8. It’s a Taiwanese brand, similar to Uniqlo.

Anyway, just last week I visited both Gloria & Mitsui factory outlets. Bought nothing cos their prices similar to our local factory outlet price.

And of course if you ride motorbikes, Taiwan is perfect place to grab your Zeus or SOL helmets. They literally 30% cheaper.
 

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2017
Messages
17,513
Reaction score
6,084
Wow! Surprised I’m not the only one who is fan of GU. I find the clothes there cheap and good.

Actually the other decent clothes outlet I like is Life8. It’s a Taiwanese brand, similar to Uniqlo.

Anyway, just last week I visited both Gloria & Mitsui factory outlets. Bought nothing cos their prices similar to our local factory outlet price.

And of course if you ride motorbikes, Taiwan is perfect place to grab your Zeus or SOL helmets. They literally 30% cheaper.

Motorbikes helmets, I think Vietnam most cheap.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top