Short bkk trip, tips needed!

hysteria88

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2008
Messages
67
Reaction score
0
Hello all!

My girlfriend and I are going to have a short holiday in Bangkok this coming March.

My girlfriend is sort of a dessert person, so she is interested in place like After You, On Lok Yun, Audrey Bistro, etc. Are there any more places that you would recommend for us visitors to Bangkok?

For me, I like to collect random stuffs ranging from antiques to collectibles. I am told Rot Fai Night Market is an excellent place to be at, however I read that it is really inaccessible. Can I please get some advice on this?

I went to google about the famous Hangover Sky Bar in Bangkok as well. After reading on tripadvisor, seems like most people would recommend for tourist to just go there for drinks and view because the food is mediocre and the price does not justify it. Have any of you been up there to provide some first hand experience? :D

Thanks in advance for all the help!
 

Beno777

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2003
Messages
1,878
Reaction score
14
Hello all!

My girlfriend and I are going to have a short holiday in Bangkok this coming March.

My girlfriend is sort of a dessert person, so she is interested in place like After You, On Lok Yun, Audrey Bistro, etc. Are there any more places that you would recommend for us visitors to Bangkok?

For me, I like to collect random stuffs ranging from antiques to collectibles. I am told Rot Fai Night Market is an excellent place to be at, however I read that it is really inaccessible. Can I please get some advice on this?

I went to google about the famous Hangover Sky Bar in Bangkok as well. After reading on tripadvisor, seems like most people would recommend for tourist to just go there for drinks and view because the food is mediocre and the price does not justify it. Have any of you been up there to provide some first hand experience? :D

Thanks in advance for all the help!

There are 3 Rot Fai night markets around Bangkok. At Srinakarin behind seacon square, at Ratchada behind Esplanade Mall and the latest one I also not sure where is it as yet. :D

Talat Rot Fai Srinakarin, imho, is presently the best night market in bkk presently. Not really that out of way as what all the ppl claimed. You can take taxi directly go. Or take BTS to Udom Suk and then take taxi from there, cheaper and less chance of getting caught in bkk crazy jam. My recent trip, I tried the public transport way of getting there, by train to Hua Mak (10bahts) and from Hua Mak take the local bus (6.5 bahts) direct to the front of Seacon square. Cheap and no jam :)

Another alternative is to go to Talat Rot Fai Ratchada, this one very accessible. You just need to take MRT to Thailand Cultural Centre station and get out from Exit 3, follow the crowds to Esplanade and you will see the night market just behind the mall building.

Hope this helps.
 

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2003
Messages
82,803
Reaction score
10,139
Hello all!

My girlfriend and I are going to have a short holiday in Bangkok this coming March.

My girlfriend is sort of a dessert person, so she is interested in place like After You, On Lok Yun, Audrey Bistro, etc. Are there any more places that you would recommend for us visitors to Bangkok?

For me, I like to collect random stuffs ranging from antiques to collectibles. I am told Rot Fai Night Market is an excellent place to be at, however I read that it is really inaccessible. Can I please get some advice on this?

I went to google about the famous Hangover Sky Bar in Bangkok as well. After reading on tripadvisor, seems like most people would recommend for tourist to just go there for drinks and view because the food is mediocre and the price does not justify it. Have any of you been up there to provide some first hand experience? :D

Thanks in advance for all the help!

subscribe to bon_appetitbkk on instagram. loads of recommendation by locals.
 

rrr2015

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2015
Messages
13,240
Reaction score
4,848
i think girls will go gaga over cute desserts @ perhaps rabbits' - Ekkamai :)
 

hellfire88

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2007
Messages
743
Reaction score
8

turtlezhu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2008
Messages
22,428
Reaction score
45
Fav is still manga tango for dessert.
Cafe i like chu's / roast / audrey's
 

peanut_pancake

Master Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2004
Messages
3,576
Reaction score
42
Fav is still manga tango for dessert.
Cafe i like chu's / roast / audrey's

Mango Tango is nice but they imposed a rule that every customer to order 1 dessert in the Siam SQ outlet; no sharing of dessert is allowed.

It wasnt like this this previously... :(
 

turtlezhu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2008
Messages
22,428
Reaction score
45
Mango Tango is nice but they imposed a rule that every customer to order 1 dessert in the Siam SQ outlet; no sharing of dessert is allowed.

It wasnt like this this previously... :(

Yap there is this rule. But the short hair boss let me and my gf shared one the other time.
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
MangoTango Asiatique, warehouse1 also have one ...
went there few times, the place not really full, no ppl queue up ...
no try before, though have read review from ppl saying is good...
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top